Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Power failure with a DR-60D...  (Read 2541 times)

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
Power failure with a DR-60D...
« on: June 26, 2016, 07:21:05 PM »
A fellow taper here is looking for a way to fix some files that didn't get closed properly, due to a power outage.  Since it hasn't happened to me yet, I didn't know what to advise him to do...

A couple weekends ago I recorded an all day festival ...... Right after they ended their set and the stage announcer was saying thanks, goodnight etc... the power went out to the whole place because some idiot was flipping breakers trying to turn on lights to a parking lot. My DR-60D was still recording on AC and had batteries in it at the time. The power loss froze the deck and eventually I had to pull the batteries to turn it off.

Got home and checked the SD card which appeared ok until I realized I had everything but those two last WAV files.
And here's the weird part. There's 8gb worth of music totaled for the WAV files I can see but there's another 2.5gb of files that I can't see. so I think there still there but in some sort of limbo state.

Is there some sort of file-header repair utility, or SD card procedure to fix this?  I know we're in the right place for some answers.....thanks y'all
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
Re: Power failure with a DR-60D...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 08:15:29 PM »
Read the Data Recovery and Corrupt or 0 byte file
sections of http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=117279.msg1567216#msg1567216 for possible methods of recovery (or writing a new header).

One tip: make a copy of the file and always work on the copy, NOT the original so if what you try doesn't work you still have a file to try a different fix on another copy of it.

More ideas/possible solutions @ http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=72936.0

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 08:42:41 PM »
Thanks  :suds:
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline Limit35

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 09:26:20 PM »

I am not sure what operating system you are using, but if using a *nix OS, you can use dd to clone the card before attempting any work on the files.  That is my first step to recover accidentally deleted files, for instance.  I am sure there is something under windows that will clone it if that option doesn't work for you.

One precaution so you can f'up and not stress out about it, just try again.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com