Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Gear bag/transporting everything?  (Read 10146 times)

Offline egmonton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Gear bag/transporting everything?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2023, 09:24:42 AM »
Keep rockin' those shows and finding the best ways to protect and transport your gear!

Offline Dan33185

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • http://www.midwestsoundsrecordings.com/
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2023, 01:15:00 PM »
I use this:

14 bucks off Temu, the sections are moveable, so I can customize it however I want.
AUD: Zoom H2
SBD: Tascam DR-60D

Make the best out of the equipment you have, something is better than nothing!

Midwest Sounds Recordings
North Country Sounds

Offline seethreepo

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Resist Or Serve
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 11:04:46 AM by seethreepo »
"Never heard anyone say that music was the thing that fucked up their day" 
-Chris Robinson 1996-09-24

real recorder > phone
 external mics > Internal mics
 FOB > Taper Section
 HATS > better than Denied

Offline inderkumar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2023, 09:15:33 AM »
This thread is from five years ago but it's still interesting to read about protecting and transporting gear for shows. It's always important to find the right setup to keep your equipment safe and organized. Using a backpack is a great choice for portability. The Amazon case you mentioned, the AmazonBasics Hard Camera Case, could have been a good option for your zoom F8 and mics. DIY solutions like PVC tubes for protecting the shotgun capsules are creative and cost-effective.
If you're still in need of gear or accessories, you might want to check out Matohash.com. They have a variety of options that could enhance your setup.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 08:21:35 AM by inderkumar »

Offline Dan33185

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • http://www.midwestsoundsrecordings.com/
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2023, 12:50:23 PM »
I use this:

14 bucks off Temu, the sections are moveable, so I can customize it however I want.

Link?
Answered my own question:
https://www.temu.com/ca/1pc-dslr-camera-laptop-storage-backpack-waterproof-fabric-outdoor-portable-shoulder-digital-photography-backpack-diy-compartment-bag-for-canon-nikon-sony-fuji-camera-g-601099512120199.html?top_gallery_url=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.kwcdn.com%2Fproduct%2FFancyalgo%2FVirtualModelMatting%2F0953e0c4da2994941c8e57bf933c59df.jpg&spec_gallery_id=5555334&refer_page_sn=10009&refer_source=0&freesia_scene=2&_oak_freesia_scene=2&search_key=camera%20bag&_x_vst_scene=adg&_x_ads_sub_channel=search&_x_ads_channel=google&_x_login_type=Google&_x_ads_account=2380147854&_x_ads_set=19707864645&_x_ads_id=149015481969&_x_ads_creative_id=648765806370&_x_ns_source=g&_x_ns_gclid=Cj0KCQjw4NujBhC5ARIsAF4Iv6fTP0B1foi0fpLUVlf9y4Pxo1cAUKNPV1YMeOAih2EDtzwHD5Muq-QaAsuYEALw_wcB&_x_ns_placement=&_x_ns_match_type=e&_x_ns_ad_position=&_x_ns_product_id=&_x_ns_target=&_x_ns_devicemodel=&_x_ns_wbraid=CjkKCQjwvdajBhDWARIoAF7pJWgzLP6mAkRI9T27nXt1dxqUtXySGruBAjRDxiZKCKeHVEGWEhoCH4Q&_x_ns_gbraid=0AAAAAo4mICEe8LwO2q8CJy1wUovKBf89k&_x_ns_keyword=temu&_x_ns_targetid=kwd-4583699489&_x_sessn_id=287fz0b7xt&refer_page_name=search_result&refer_page_id=10009_1685545391830_kj5lpw4kdt

This one:

https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg_fs=1&goods_id=601099511977528

It's a little cheaper, but same concept basically.
AUD: Zoom H2
SBD: Tascam DR-60D

Make the best out of the equipment you have, something is better than nothing!

Midwest Sounds Recordings
North Country Sounds

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2023, 10:25:23 AM »
I wrapped my CP4 boxes with duct tape and stuffed them in a back pack. No problems.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2023, 05:24:45 PM »
After moving to the Zoom F8 a few years back I reworked my rig and now carry everything in a single zippered shoulder-strap bag, except for a large stand when needed.  The recorder, battery, and other stuff requiring easy immediate access lives in the single front zippered pocket.  I cut a hole that leads from that pocket into the main section of the bag, through which passes a tech-flexed snake consisting of 8 mic channels (actually 9, including one extra not currently in use) that runs to the foldling/telsecopic array of microphones which get stowed in that section.  Everything except the mounting stud spigot on the central hub supporting the folding/telescopic arms to which the microphones in Movo windscreens are semi-permanently fixed remains hooked up at all times.  I can carry a folding foot, a couple extension arms, and a superclamp under a false floor in the main section (any of which can connect directly to the central mounting stud spigot), along with gaffer tape, a bag of earplugs and whatever else needs to go in the main section separated by a couple velcro attached soft wall sections at each end.

I've long carried the rig fully prewired like this, but used to do so using two separate bags- one housing the recorder, battery and other gear, and the other stowing the attachment hub with the folded telescoping arms and attached microphones, with the tech-flexed snake running between the two.   Now the snake gets coiled in the main section of the single bag.  No more wiring running between two bags.

Have plans to further reduce the size of the rig and shift to an even more compact bag, while retaining the current general arrangement.

Have future plans to make it smaller still, but it has worked out nicely this way for the past 5 years or so.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline adrianf74

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2023, 09:34:49 PM »
Finding myself in the same boat as Gutbucket.  I'm using a SD MixPre-6 II with 10,000mAh battery in a Sachtler Lightweight Audio Bag (Small).  Have enough room to put some XLR cables for a board feed, the Baby nBox for the actives, the mics, the Rycote mount.  If I need to bring extras like the Line Audio CM3's or another mount, I'll pack a small camera bag and bring that.  I want to travel as light as I can.
Decks: Zoom F6, Zoom F3 w/ BTA-1 | Power: Neewer NP-F970 7800mAh | Mics: (under construction) Line Audio CM3 | Camera: DJI Osmo Action 4

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com