Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R09-HR problem when changing levels while recording  (Read 1720 times)

Offline absnj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Edirol R09-HR problem when changing levels while recording
« on: November 19, 2012, 01:46:58 PM »
Every once in a while, I get some digi-noise in my recording when changing levels while recording.  I am not sure, but it does not seem to matter if it's done with the buttons on the recorder or using the remote.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so (and more importantly) have you been able to eliminate the problem?

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Edirol R09-HR problem when changing levels while recording
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 06:53:04 PM »
Every once in a while, I get some digi-noise in my recording when changing levels while recording.  I am not sure, but it does not seem to matter if it's done with the buttons on the recorder or using the remote.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so (and more importantly) have you been able to eliminate the problem?

You always get digi-noise when changing levels. It's only a matter of how audible it is.

Problem can't be eliminated, but wasn't a big deal to me. Try to set your initial levels low enough so you won't have to reduce them during the first song to avoid clipping. Even if you are peaking at -30, with 24 bit you should be ok for the first song raising the levels with a good audio editor. Wait until there is applause between songs to raise levels. I believe you get digi-noise changing levels with an M10 also, but it seems to be much less obvious.

For those using an HR with a preamp that doesn't introduce digi-noise, the problem disappears. Set the HR to unity gain and change levels with the preamp.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:57:17 PM by fmaderjr »
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com