Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART III**  (Read 85302 times)

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
Re: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART III**
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 12:13:56 PM »
that has more issues than a guy at a poker table down to his last $20 and staring at an off suit 6 9

and thats a lot of issues.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 12:16:30 PM »
that has more issues than a guy at a poker table down to his last $20 and staring at an off suit 6 9

and thats a lot of issues.

I know, trust me, I was there last night

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2005, 12:28:47 PM »
Add core-sound.com, $369

http://www.core-sound.com/microtrack_2496.html

You have to put the item in your shopping cart to see the lower price.

ha... from core-sound.com:

How Does MicroTrack 24/96 Compare To PDAudio?
Some of our customers have asked us how MicroTrack 24/96 will compare to our PDAudio system. The answers are here!

Answer:  even though the microtracker is as of yet vaporware, it still sucks much less than PDAudio!

You people just need to accept the fact that nothing touches PDAudio.

Just ask all the film and ENG professionals that use it. Microtrack wont come close. Neither does the 722 or Deva line...
You misspelled "nobody". ;)
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Ray76

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2005, 12:33:15 PM »
Add core-sound.com, $369

http://www.core-sound.com/microtrack_2496.html

You have to put the item in your shopping cart to see the lower price.

ha... from core-sound.com:

How Does MicroTrack 24/96 Compare To PDAudio?
Some of our customers have asked us how MicroTrack 24/96 will compare to our PDAudio system. The answers are here!

Answer:  even though the microtracker is as of yet vaporware, it still sucks much less than PDAudio!

You people just need to accept the fact that nothing touches PDAudio.

Just ask all the film and ENG professionals that use it. Microtrack wont come close. Neither does the 722 or Deva line...
You misspelled "nobody". ;)
Good call on that one. ;) ;D

marc0789

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2005, 02:41:19 PM »
that faq is pure gold!

http://www.core-sound.com/pdaudio-to-microtrack-comparison.html

Summary
MicroTrack 24/96 holds great promise for a certain market segment, primarily those who are currently using MD recorders. We expect to sell a bunch of them.
PDAudio, in contrast, provides truly professional performance and unlimited flexibility. We therefore expect that PDAudio will be the choice of most audio professionals and semi-professionals.

;D what a jackass...completely bashing a product that may or may not work (since no on really knows yet) by comparing it against a product that has more issues than a guy at a poker table down to his last $20 and staring at an off suit 6 9

that dood is an uber ass clown. I have to this day never seen one complete show pulled with that PD audio piece of shit...and I've watched quite a few attempts at it. Len sucks.

Ray76

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2005, 02:48:05 PM »
i think macdaddy uses it dont he??

I hate the fuckers attitude. Thats what kills me. I dont give a shit if he built a preamp that would be 10 times as good as my 148, and half the cost , ill never give that dude one red cent.

he always acts like he cant be bothered.

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
    • LMA
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2005, 03:01:49 PM »
that dood is an uber ass clown. I have to this day never seen one complete show pulled with that PD audio piece of shit...and I've watched quite a few attempts at it. Len sucks.

search PDAudio on bt.etree.org.  I've been pulling complete shows for about 5 months at 24/96.  The only incomplete recordings were user error.  I should also say I've had the PDAudio since its first release >2 yrs ago, and I've finally got it working.
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Beyer mc950 / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline tonyvt

• Taperssection Member
  • Bocephus
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2005, 03:03:08 PM »
I know it is off topic but while everyone is bashing......

I can't even count how many times over the years that a patcher would show up at my rig with a D7 and one of those crappy Coresounds made digital cable/splitters. Seems like I was never get them to send a clean feed, those small little prongs were always getting bent or broken off. I have heard that many a digital input on a sony Dat was zapped with one of those Coresound digi cables. The official word always was that it was not the Coresound Cable that caused the problem.
I never could figure out why anyone would waste there money on one of those pieces of junk.
I'm a Bluegrasshole.

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2005, 03:10:19 PM »

crappy Coresounds made digital cable/

I borrowed one of those in a pinch one night.  I ended up having to buy a new one, since I broke all 7 pins trying to cram it into my D8 drunk as hell in the dark at some show.  I offered to buy the guy an oade cable, but he insisted on having that silly unprotected core-suck cable...

colin
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline surf1div1

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2005, 04:18:02 PM »
Sorry Craig, but your point obviously didn't include ALL of those that don't use external hard drives like your setup. As promised, it doesn't deliver, and Len's has failed to make me, or many others that purchased it happy campers. In summary, check this site and see the "hundreds of satisfied users" that Len references-

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PenComputingAudio/

Craig, no offense, but your post here offends me- to suggest that it's only user error is factually not true. Even the software developer admits that he can't pull 24/96 without a media change in the IPAQ H5555 with the HP expansion pack I use. I've tried all the media suggestions, and you know that I've been on that yahoo group since inception, as well. As one of the moderators on that group, I've seen enough to qualify the statment I make here. The fact that you mention "finally" say's it all. I'm still waiting. But then, if you or anyone else is so satisfied using PD-Audio, don't bother posting about it's success here. I believe that most here are looking for a reliable recorder that does something that PD-Audio doesn't do for me- Work ;-)

search PDAudio on bt.etree.org.  I've been pulling complete shows for about 5 months at 24/96.  The only incomplete recordings were user error.  I should also say I've had the PDAudio since its first release >2 yrs ago, and I've finally got it working.
DPA 4061>CHURCH CA UGLY Pre-AMP
>Roland R-07> 32 GB Sandisk Extreme Pro SD

Offline mmedley.

• is on a salty highway burning up a lucky streak
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • CAR RAMROD
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2005, 04:20:16 PM »
Len can lick deez. What a fuckin' piece of garbage. How the hell does he stay in business???
I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
  • Still loves his mic pre's
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2005, 05:31:37 PM »
I have to agree - those open 7pin plugs they sell are dangerous. I would not even let one of them near my rig.
As far the the MicroTrack goes - many of us here are gong to replace DAT (or JB3) with it - going digi-in - mic-pre specs etc.. will not matter to many of us - Len really is out of touch if he can't see that - of course, considering the 7pin, I guess that goes without saying  ::)
Schoeps CMC6/MK4  //  Nakamichi CM-300/CP-1/CP-2
E.A.A. PSP-2   // Grace Design Lunatec V2
Sonic AD2K+ 
Tascam HD-P2 (Oade BCM)  //  Sony TC-D5 PROII

Duncan - 12/84 > 8/8/05 - Miss you everyday

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2005, 05:39:30 PM »
I have to agree - those open 7pin plugs they sell are dangerous. I would not even let one of them near my rig.
As far the the MicroTrack goes - many of us here are gong to replace DAT (or JB3) with it - going digi-in - mic-pre specs etc.. will not matter to many of us - Len really is out of touch if he can't see that - of course, considering the 7pin, I guess that goes without saying ::)

good point!

ive never dealt w/ len, and by the sounds of it, never will

I prefer quality gear
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Chad817

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2005, 05:46:32 PM »
maybe if the company folds, he can become a TV evangelist
studio projects c4 > edirol ua-5 [digi mod] > Microtrack II

laying around: sp cmc-4, power supply and jb3

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2005, 07:03:49 PM »
ive never dealt w/ len, and by the sounds of it, never will

I prefer quality gear

I've done my share of Len bashing. In fact, I was the one who ripped him a new one on DAT-Heads for his "comparison". However, Len did see a market that at the time was not being addressed and he addressed it the best way he could. He has some marketing skills, but like a lot of good marketing people I know, they only know how to push their product by constantly slamming the competition, when the reality is they haven't touched the competition, so they can't address it properly.

I say, everybody here should let sleeping dogs lie and leave the Len slamming alone. He is a marketing guy, and we should just leave it at that.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.177 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com