Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Testing out the R-1  (Read 3631 times)

Offline aberg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Team Canada
Testing out the R-1
« on: November 23, 2005, 03:31:38 AM »
Just ran some tests on my new stock R-1.

With a set of 2100mah NiMH rechargeables, I got close to 5hrs record time recording .wav at 24bit, enough to fill a 4gb CF card.

It took just 10min to transfer the full 4gb card via usb2.0 to the PC.

And the tracks sound GREAT!

I'm loving this unit so far, just wait until I actually tape a real show with it.

Offline Evil Taper

• Going pro...no time for taping now
Re: Testing out the R-1
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 04:04:27 AM »
R1 is the way to go for stealthing ;D
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline Ital-Iano

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 05:45:06 AM »
R1 is the way to go for stealthing ;D

And if those scientists of the security to the door find it, you can always say that is a calculator  :flipa:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 05:59:53 AM by Ital-Iano »
When you see a guy to dance like if he had a broom in its ass, you can be sure:  or is a stupid idiot, or is a taper in action.

DPA's 4061> MMA6000> Edirol R1

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 11:35:22 AM »
Just ran some tests on my new stock R-1.

With a set of 2100mah NiMH rechargeables, I got close to 5hrs record time recording .wav at 24bit, enough to fill a 4gb CF card.

It took just 10min to transfer the full 4gb card via usb2.0 to the PC.

And the tracks sound GREAT!

I'm loving this unit so far, just wait until I actually tape a real show with it.

Does it auto split at 2GB?

How does the mic in sound?

Thanks,
  Richard
Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 12:25:27 PM »
Does it auto split at 2GB?

How does the mic in sound?

the answers to your questions have already been posted in umpteen other r1-related threads.  go there for fuller answers, or be satisfied with quick recaps:

1.  no
2.  great

Offline aberg

• Team Canada
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 01:46:17 PM »
It doesn't autosplit at 2gb, however starting a new file takes about a second. Press stop, and hit record twice and it starts a new file and begins recording. You can easily do this between songs no problem.

I have only used line-in since I have an external preamp so I can't comment on the mic-in sound.

Offline prof_peabody

• Team Houston
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 01:59:18 PM »
It doesn't autosplit at 2gb, however starting a new file takes about a second. Press stop, and hit record twice and it starts a new file and begins recording. You can easily do this between songs no problem.

I have only used line-in since I have an external preamp so I can't comment on the mic-in sound.

It's the ever rare Canuck taper.  Probably one of the few R1 tapers in Canada.  +T for the shows btw.

R1 is the way to go right now.  Only drawbacks for me would be that it's not 48 kHz capable (for dvd audio) and the file split issue.

Offline aberg

• Team Canada
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 03:23:30 PM »
Yup, we canuck tapers are a rare breed, especially with the R1. I might in fact be the *only* canadian R1 taper.

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 03:40:12 PM »
Yup, we canuck tapers are a rare breed, especially with the R1. I might in fact be the *only* canadian R1 taper.

Lots of people out there I think.  I met a guy from Guelph who had both a R1 *and* an R4.   (Am I jealous???).  Anyway, I'm another canuck taper, but without an R1 (yet)...

Richard
Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

Offline prof_peabody

• Team Houston
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 04:42:21 PM »
Is there a team Canada thread?

PS- Matt Mays tonight, Staggered Crossing tomorrow...

+T

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2005, 05:21:21 PM »

It's the ever rare Canuck taper.  Probably one of the few R1 tapers in Canada.  +T for the shows btw.

R1 is the way to go right now.  Only drawbacks for me would be that it's not 48 kHz capable (for dvd audio) and the file split issue.

Hey, you can do 44.1khz on DVD-A using Wavelab.  You can't do 44.1 on DVD-V discs, like those produced with that Audio DVD Creater software.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.083 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com