Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: room treatments?  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • large Marge sent me
room treatments?
« on: February 25, 2004, 11:50:32 AM »
Anyone here use room lenses?
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:room treatments?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 01:33:32 PM »
i used to have some baffling at the back of my listening room to kill off some of the sub hitting my neighbours apartment, but ive since taken it down since i moved things around.  when i move into my next place im betting im going to have a lot of treatment to do.

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 11:28:29 AM »
Currently I'm in the process of building a dedicated HT in my basement.  I'll post some pics of construction soon.  I plan on buying some OC 703 panels  and making my own absorbers.  I'll purchase diffusors at a later time.  I've seen some really cool ideas with the stuff.  Go to realtraps.com.  I plan to have 6 2'x4' panels and 4 2'X2' diffusor panels as well.  I'm putting up corner bass traps as well as R-19 insulation in the ceiling.  All walls were done with R-13 except for the back wall which will be R-19.  

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 10:15:28 AM »
check these guys out:  http://www.foambymail.com/Products.html

they are cheap!!

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 12:50:07 PM »
wow, I like the studio columns.

I originally asked because I built some room lense clones and I didn't get any result.  I did get some feed back on audio asylum and I've reached the conclusion that my room is so fucked that the lenses were like pissing on a bonfire.

So now I am going to build bass traps and panels.  But I'm pretty sure there is going to be resistance from my girlfriend.  She made unflattering comments when I tried the ceramic coffee cups as cable lifters ;-).  

I probably cant get away with just foam.  I need to dress the panels with fabric so that they will blend into the wall color.  So now I'm going through galleries of other people rooms so that I can collect some pictures of usable living space with well integratred sound treatments to demonstrate that the room won't look like shit.  I won't have a dedicated room or better space until we move or build out.

Can anyone suggest arguments and/or resources to help me convince her that the room treament is a good thing?  Those pictures at realtraps would definitely kill any chance I have.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 08:14:40 AM »
I just realized that I work 4 miles from the link above!!  That is pretty funny, but it is great knowing I can stop by on the way home and grab this stuff.

SC

Offline JeffK

• Taperssection Member
  • ...just a little split off center than the most
    • umphreaks!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 12:39:38 PM »
scervin, going the whole deadicated HT route... nice!!!  looking forward to the photos.

I think I'm gonna have to wait until I build a place for that, but if I build, it'll be in mind from the beginning :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com