Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need help re-wiring some stuff.  (Read 2533 times)

Offline lordbelial

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Barcelona got tapers!
Need help re-wiring some stuff.
« on: June 02, 2008, 06:53:08 AM »
Hi everyone,

Just have a couple doubts with some rewiring.

I had a pair of AT831 terminated into mini XLR.  A friend of mine asked me to rewire them into miniplug 1/8'' so he can use it into a regular battery box. I took advantage of the situation so I can use the terminals (miniXLR) to make an adapter for my DPA4061 terminated into miniplug 1/8''.

Actually my doubt is.

I have three cables.

Red: Bias
Yellow: Signal
Shield.

Red and yellow are two cables twisted together. I'd like to know how I need to wire them in order to make them run as miniplug.

I was thinking on Yellow to tip/ring and shield+red to Sleeve. I don't know if this is OK.

In the other hand, I'd like to know if this same config will work to wire the two miniXLR into a single miniplug female (1/8'') so I can adapt my DPA4061 into my ST-9100 miniXLR inputs.

Thanks for the space!
Actual Gear:

stealth  - AT943 (c,o,sc,h) > ST-9100 > Edirol R09HR/I-River IHP-116(CFMod)
Ultrastealth  - DPA 4061 > ST-9100 > Edirol R09HR/I-River IHP-116(CFMod)
Open - BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > Segue Dogstars > Marantz PMD671 busman t-mod

Playback: PC > M-Audio Fast Track Pro > KRK RP6 actives

My shows on the archive: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/tapemaniac
Member of  Busman Audio team

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Need help re-wiring some stuff.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 10:26:31 AM »
Hi everyone,

I had a pair of AT831 terminated into mini XLR.  A friend of mine asked me to rewire them into miniplug 1/8'' so he can use it into a regular battery box. I took advantage of the situation so I can use the terminals (miniXLR) to make an adapter for my DPA4061 terminated into miniplug 1/8''.

Actually my doubt is.

I have three cables.

Shield.

Red and yellow are two cables twisted together. I'd like to know how I need to wire them in order to make them run as miniplug.

I was thinking on Yellow to tip/ring and shield+red to Sleeve. I don't know if this is OK.

In the other hand, I'd like to know if this same config will work to wire the two miniXLR into a single miniplug female (1/8'') so I can adapt my DPA4061 into my ST-9100 miniXLR inputs.

Thanks for the space!

Red to tip or ring. Yellow to a * optional 4.7k resistor to ground * for my 4.7k mod or Yellow to ground then Shield to ground and your done.

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline lordbelial

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Barcelona got tapers!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 03:02:15 PM »
Hi everyone,

Actually my doubt is.

I have three cables.

Shield.

Thanks for the space!

Red to tip or ring. Yellow to a * optional 4.7k resistor to ground * for my 4.7k mod or Yellow to ground then Shield to ground and your done.

Thanks Chris,

the truth is that I did not want to bother you with PM's so I started this thread. Anyway you always pop-up helpful as you are.

+T
Actual Gear:

stealth  - AT943 (c,o,sc,h) > ST-9100 > Edirol R09HR/I-River IHP-116(CFMod)
Ultrastealth  - DPA 4061 > ST-9100 > Edirol R09HR/I-River IHP-116(CFMod)
Open - BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > Segue Dogstars > Marantz PMD671 busman t-mod

Playback: PC > M-Audio Fast Track Pro > KRK RP6 actives

My shows on the archive: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/tapemaniac
Member of  Busman Audio team

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:03:29 PM »
Hi everyone,

Actually my doubt is.

I have three cables.

Shield.

Thanks for the space!

Thanks Chris,

the truth is that I did not want to bother you with PM's so I started this thread. Anyway you always pop-up helpful as you are.

+T

LOL that's funny next time send me a pm. But its also helpful to others to do it in public as well. Please anyone if you have questions I will always do my best to answer them. Dont be afraid to ask me a question. :) I know there are some people around that dont want to answer questions but to be honest we are all learning here and if you dont want to answer questions then maybe you should find a new sandbox to play in. I appreciate all of your questions and anyone else that has a question ask away. I am by no means someone that knows everything but If I can help I will.

Chris

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com