Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: TTSKB: Home office/Media Room/Digital Work Station  (Read 10045 times)

Offline jackmf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
TTSKB: Home office/Media Room/Digital Work Station
« on: December 27, 2008, 12:42:55 PM »
I want to take the spare bedroom in my house and convert it to a multi-purpose room for my home office, a good place to watch TV and the area where I work on my recordings and use the internet. We just purchased the furniture at CB2 and my plans are to hook up the following together, do any of you see any kinks in my logic or have any recommendations?

1. Purchase 1080p 37 inch HDTV
2. Use existing computer
3. Use existing studio monitors
4. Purchase secondary wireless keyboard and mouse (for web surfing from couch)
5. Relocate cable modem to room

In my head, I picture sitting at the desk with the 37 inch TV on it and doing work or digital editing. I picture myself sitting on the couch and watching TV or surfing the internet with the wireless keyboard. I'm sure I'm not the first to try something like this but it seems to simple to me to be true.
Busman Audio BSC1>Busman HD-P2 (for sale) or PMD661

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
Re: TTSKB: Home office/Media Room/Digital Work Station
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 11:47:11 AM »
nope..works just like that.  i would recommend THIS WIRELESS, range is awesome..batteries last forever, and its cheaper than most.  I have had it for a year..couldn't be happier.
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
Re: TTSKB: Home office/Media Room/Digital Work Station
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 05:02:55 PM »
I want to take the spare bedroom in my house and convert it to a multi-purpose room for my home office, a good place to watch TV and the area where I work on my recordings and use the internet. We just purchased the furniture at CB2 and my plans are to hook up the following together, do any of you see any kinks in my logic or have any recommendations?

1. Purchase 1080p 37 inch HDTV
2. Use existing computer
3. Use existing studio monitors
4. Purchase secondary wireless keyboard and mouse (for web surfing from couch)
5. Relocate cable modem to room

In my head, I picture sitting at the desk with the 37 inch TV on it and doing work or digital editing. I picture myself sitting on the couch and watching TV or surfing the internet with the wireless keyboard. I'm sure I'm not the first to try something like this but it seems to simple to me to be true.

This is pretty much my setup
42' LCD TV w/ DVI-D hook up from my PC
I opted for a USB Keyboard with built in USB Hub for my mouse (I am a gamer so the wifi mouse i had was kind of flaky)
marantz Sr880 reciever.
Ethernet run through the walls so my router etc is in another room.

You'll love the setup. the only issue for us is the TV is our main TV so sometimes the GF wants to watch a show in HD when i want to be on the pc but it is very rare.
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com