Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wind protection for Schoeps M/S CMBI?  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Alexandru Petrescu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Wind protection for Schoeps M/S CMBI?
« on: September 19, 2008, 01:28:58 PM »
Hi,

I'm looking for more wind protection for a pair of Schoeps CMBIs placed as MS, plugged on a video camera.  I currently use the the foam-type WMS, see attached picture of it.  This however does pick up a lot of noise outdoors, even in very soft wind.

Anyone knows of better wind protection for this pair of CMBIs?

I doubt think the Schoeps W 20 R1, or WJ BBG, or the WJ 100 LU (see attached pictures) could fit the pair of bodies mentioned above, or cover the WMS I already have.

I don't think there's any Schoeps basket that could hold the pair of CMBIs either, because it would be very impractical because of the on/off switches on the CMBIs.

I think Rycote doesn't produce anything adapted to pair of CMBIs.

Any other wind protection for MS CMBI?

Thanks,

Alex

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
Re: Wind protection for Schoeps M/S CMBI?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 04:20:31 PM »
since youre unable to use any active accessories with the cmbi setup, you will need one of the longer zeppelin-shaped windscreens with the fuzzy material - often called 'dead rats' around here. im not sure if you can buy one to fit the two mic bodies, but there are some crafty people here that can build one or tell you how.

failing that the cmrs might be a good upgrade over the cmbis. they have similar specs but are much much smaller, and could be used with schoeps active m/s windscreen
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline dennisrtyler

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Wind protection for Schoeps M/S CMBI?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 04:26:35 PM »
http://thewindcutter.com/ can make you a fur cover for your WMS. that's all you need. just send them the dimensions of the WMS.
4. im so abrasive i make sandpaper nervous.

Schoeps CMR/mk4 > Naiant PFA > Oade Concert Mod Marantz PMD-661

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com