Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AES -> RCA Possible  (Read 1730 times)

Offline blu666z

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • AT ES943(H/C/O caps) » JKLab PP9 Pre » wmod UA-5
AES -> RCA Possible
« on: February 08, 2004, 01:15:32 PM »
I have a Teac MD deck and a Fostex D-5 I use for transfers.  Both are connected to a DiO 2496 optically.  I get a little tired of having to get behind the decks to switch the fiber between decks.  I want to have the MD use the optical and the Fostex to use the AES.  After doing a search for AES I have a couple questions.  It appears its possible to make a AES -> coax cable but not sure about voltage issues.  So is the voltage an issue and can anyone make me one?

-Kevin

cleantone

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:AES -> RCA Possible
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 06:56:47 PM »
Kevin,

To play out of your Fostex AES/EBU output and into a SP/DIF coaxial input you need to tranform the impedence from 110 Ohms to 75 Ohms. Look for an impedence transformer to go inline with your setup. There are a few on the market for this.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 07:50:05 PM »
Both Neutrik and Canare make the impedance transformers you need.  I've used the Canare before.  Markertek carries both, but I'm sure there are plenty of places to pick 'em up.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline hoobash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 08:44:31 PM »
I made a cable for my d10 that goes xlr>rca. Its seem to work most of the time for coax. You might just be able to make a cable. I doubt you hurt anything but you never know

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com