Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR-07  (Read 1697 times)

Offline PG1Tapes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Tascam DR-07
« on: December 25, 2010, 02:52:53 PM »
My family surprised me today with a Tascam DR-07 for recording my gigs.  Obviously, I also intend record concerts with it as well.  Anyway, I just wanted to hear your opinions.  How are the internal mics? Should I get external mics for it?  Battery life?  Sound quality?

Thanks, Merry Christmas.

Offline 12milluz

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Tascam DR-07
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 04:08:14 PM »
 The internal mics are decent. Nothing special, not terribly bad, but I would HIGHLY suggest external mics. Battery life is about 7-8 hours in my experience with alkaline batteries. Recording quality is quite good although it only records up to 24 bit/ 48 kHz. It's a good recorder and its nice and compact. You should be able to make some great recordings with it if you can manage some external mics.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 04:09:55 PM by 12milluz »
Audio-Technica AT853(c), Audio-Technica AT825>Naiant Littlebox>Sony PCM-M10

Offline NSL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Tascam DR-07
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 05:48:29 PM »
Definitely get external mics for them.  I like the recorder itself a lot, easy to use and not very big.  For recording concerts go with the external mics for sure.  I've gotten 5+ hours on mine with 2 alkaline batteries.  I generally use fresh batteries each time I record though to make sure they will last.  Some people have complained about the recording level slider on the side not locking even with the lock on.  Just put some tape over it once you get it set so if you have the recorder in your pocket the levels wont change. 
Instagram
Berliner CM-33's > Naiant Littlebox > Sony PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com