Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Syncing Audio to your 4K Video File's - Free Software Suggestions ?  (Read 5349 times)

Offline Papaphunk

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection All-Star
What do you guys use for Video Editing Software (those that Sync your Audio recordings to Video) and is there anything free out there to use ?

Looking for something easy and quick to use, with any auto sync feature, as I usually record full sets in 4K HD quality and using the internal Mic's on my Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100 Camera currently

AKG CK-61 / CK-62 / CK-63  > AKG c480b / c460b Bodies
ZOOM H6 - TASCAM DR-100MKII & III

1500+ Recordings Uploaded to Archive: https://archive.org/details/@papaphunk

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
I do it kinda backwards, and export the scratch audio from the camera over to my audio editor (audacity) where I manually sync the good audio to it, & trim to the exact length.
Then I replace the scratch audio with my prepared version.

I'd like to be better at the video side, where I could perhaps add or delete frames, rather than tampering with the audio so much...
Heard Pluraleyes is good for camera sync but never got it to work myself.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

jcable77

• Trade Count: (0)
I use NHC VideoPad. Its basic but I can sync good audio with the shitty video audio and do fades and multiple video tracks.
ms-windows-store://pdp/?ProductId=9n3blc6d9v3s

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
I use davinci resolve, which works pretty well but the free version is CPU intensive and slow.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
I use XMedia Recode.  It's open source (completely free).  The interface is not very user friendly nor intuitive; and the instructions aren't great.  But I have the program figured out.  Here's a little video tutorial I just made with my iPhone (it's crude - but gets the point across):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpZvfPy52x0

https://www.xmedia-recode.de/en/download_64bit.php
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline Papaphunk

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection All-Star
thanks guys, appreciate the input.
AKG CK-61 / CK-62 / CK-63  > AKG c480b / c460b Bodies
ZOOM H6 - TASCAM DR-100MKII & III

1500+ Recordings Uploaded to Archive: https://archive.org/details/@papaphunk

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
I use davinci resolve, which works pretty well but the free version is CPU intensive and slow.

It's only CPU-intensive if you don't have a good discrete video card and/or at least 16 GB RAM. I got a very good GPU (decidedly midrange) a couple years ago, and from then on, Resolve runs fast and smooth.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)

Using the program I mentioned earlier (XMedia Recode), I can mux a 50GB video with 1-2GB audio file in less than ten minutes.  This is using a PC I built in 2015, which at the time had some smoking hot specs.

The only catch to the fast muxing jobs is that I keep all the original files on the same drive to which I save the file.  And this is kind of a special drive (at least to me).  I don't even know what computer guys call it, but it's basically a step above an SSD.  Here is the drive (I purchased it on Amazon):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BN217QG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just a quick edit to add:  it probably seems like I gloss over a lot of things (settings) in the tutorial video I made for XMedia Recode.  But that's the beauty of XMedia Recode - if you choose to "copy" video and audio tracks when doing the muxing, it will mux the files with no re-encoding.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 07:00:00 PM by guitard »
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.

It's only CPU-intensive if you don't have a good discrete video card and/or at least 16 GB RAM. I got a very good GPU (decidedly midrange) a couple years ago, and from then on, Resolve runs fast and smooth.

I'm running it on an imac with 8gb RAM, so that's probably the issue.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline mountaintaper

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
Rich I'd give you one of my Magix Vegas licenses, all you need to do is ask, I've offered before but you've never taken me up on it.

Offline fguidry

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Kaleponi - Slack Key in California
Hitfilm Express https://fxhome.com/product/hitfilm-express is free and will sync audio to video.

Fran

Offline carpa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Syncing Audio to your 4K Video File's - Free Software Suggestions ?
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2022, 07:15:24 AM »
Chime in as I have the same syncing needs on a Mac computer; I sync external audio to video occasionally so I'd like to use a free software. I have both Imovie and Shotcut but it seems they don't let me export the original video with better audio in wav format. Both programs let me import the wav file, delete the original audio and replace it with the better one, but when you export the whole thing the audio option range from mp3 to AAC. Curiously enough, Imovie features the wav option only if exporting audio only, which makes no sense if you've just synced audio and video....).

Offline edtyre

• Trade Count: (85)
  • Team Philly " No Excuses, Just Tapes"
Re: Syncing Audio to your 4K Video File's - Free Software Suggestions ?
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2022, 11:04:48 PM »
Chime in as I have the same syncing needs on a Mac computer; I sync external audio to video occasionally so I'd like to use a free software. I have both Imovie and Shotcut but it seems they don't let me export the original video with better audio in wav format. Both programs let me import the wav file, delete the original audio and replace it with the better one, but when you export the whole thing the audio option range from mp3 to AAC. Curiously enough, Imovie features the wav option only if exporting audio only, which makes no sense if you've just synced audio and video....).

Check out https://apps.apple.com/us/app/edit8-audio-sync-full-version/id1231830658

It's a $4.00 app on the App Store, been using on my Macbook for years.
music>mics>pre>recorder

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com