Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Baby Nbox battery life  (Read 7181 times)

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • 😈
Re: Baby Nbox battery life
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2022, 12:40:39 PM »
I also run powerex 9V no issues ever.
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2022, 12:54:01 AM »
I don't like to waste batteries either, but as many of us who work in live theater and music have learned over the years, with rechargeable or partially used batteries it's not worth ruining a show over a 50 cent battery.  The "premium" batteries - ProCells, etc - are also not worth the money, IMO. Just get cheap Costco or Sam's Club batteries. They only have to last 2 1/2 hours. Then use them next time for soundchecks or testing or in your bicycle lights.

I'm not going to try to change your mind but I've worked with and next to many sound and production professionals. The "new duracells every set" is no longer valid. Rechargeable battery technology has changed and all the crusty stagehand union guys need to get on board. Throwing batteries in the landfill is horseshit. The same people who are getting paid to make sure a fresh alkaline battery is in each wireless beltpack need to be getting paid to make sure there's a freshly recharged re-usable battery in each beltpack.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline Scooter123

• "I am not an alcoholic. I am a drunk. Drunks don't go to meetings."
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2022, 01:49:41 AM »
Between 20-40 hours is my experience. 

I do not use rechargeables.  I have the rechargeables for the driveway remotes, TV remotes, and all clocks.  I draw the line at shows, due to 2-3 bad experiences where the battery was way in the plus side, like 9.5+ before the show and rapidly crapped out in the middle of the show.  It just died.  All batteries die at some point, but after spending $500 for a ticket, $25 to park, plus gas and meals, I am not going to risk having a dead recording for the sake of $2.  Sorry, I'll be green and frugal somewhere else, so its generally new to near new ProCells.   Now if its a crappy band and show that I don't care about, sure, I might use power-ex or an old Procell running at 9v, but I always, always:

--Unplug the battery after every show
--Check Voltage before each show
--Replace when it even gets remotely close to 9v

I'll note that I have had a couple pre-pandemic 9v batteries, Procells, test OK before the show, and rapidly drain during the course of the show and either end up near dead or actually dead, so having Procells does not guaranty a perfect battery, but it does minimize the risk.  I have basically tossed the pre-pandemic batteries or relegated them to non-music tasks, like remotes.  I can live with having a dead remote on a crappy TV show.  I can't test and change a battery on a recorder in the middle of a show. 
Regards,
Scooter123

mk41 > N Box  > Sony M-10
mk4 > N Box > Sony M-10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com