Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Permanently mounting mics in a venue  (Read 5260 times)

Offline lsd2525

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Eschew obfuscation
Re: Permanently mounting mics in a venue
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2023, 02:08:46 PM »
"I know Chris Davis did this at a venue in Charleston SC but I think the ceiling was kinda low so they put one mic in front of each stack - I'm thinking a DIN pair of cards in the middle but I'm open to ideas.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 12:47:28 PM by goodcooker »"

Those mics Chris mounted in the Windjammer are a set of CM3's that I sold him
Mics: SKM184's; ADK A51s; AT4041; Superlux S502; CK91 active w/homebrew BB; AT853; Naiant X-X; Nak 300's
Recorders: M10; DR-60D; DR-701D

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2023, 10:03:31 AM »

Well after talking the FOH guy who I'm friendly with into discussing this with management they decided no go. They, understandably, are concerned about contract problems resulting from unauthorized recordings. My buddy knows that I only record acts out in the open that allow it and this isn't an attempt to make an end run around the system but management has decided to play it safe.

This venue has a strict no selfie sticks, tripods, poles or anything else policy so I have had to resort to getting my friend to bring in my gear through the side door to avoid a hassle at the front door and security people who feel the need to hassle me about gear.

I guess I need to buy another stand or clamp/extension pole setup or both and just leave it at the venue. I usually just text my buddy and he meets me at the side door but on Sunday he was up in the air working on the line array and wasn't available. It would be a lot easier if he just had to grab my stand out of his shipping container "office" at some point and leave it at FOH day of show.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline wehideandseek

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • richard from flagstaff
    • No Mas Muertes
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2024, 09:33:18 PM »
Sorry this didn't work out but you've placed a lot of valuable info in one thread - thank you!
r
"Situation gets rough, then i start to panic..."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.082 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com