Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Interference as art?  (Read 2220 times)

Offline rigpimp

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Jarts don't kill people!
Interference as art?
« on: October 06, 2022, 07:58:44 PM »
Check this out.  It's like a symmetrical fractal on the spectral view. 

Has anyone seen anything like this in a spectral pattern before?  Unfortunately, it sounds unrepairable. 

Mics: Schoeps MK 5 MP, Schoeps MK 8 MP, Schoeps MK 41 MP, KCY 250/5 > PFA
Pre/A>D/P48: Sonosax SX/M2, Sonosax SX/M2-LS, E.A.A. PSP-2, Baby Nbox, Neumann BS48i-2 (for sale)
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-6ii, Sony PCM-A10
Playback: Jolida 1501 Hybrid > McIntosh MX 130 > Von Schweikert VR-4 JR, or Little Dot MK III > Sennheiser HD700
http://archive.org/bookmarks/kskreider
https://www.concertarchives.org/kskreider
https://archive.org/details/thespps

Offline hipporu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • The head - this is the distance between the ears
Re: Interference as art?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 02:22:11 PM »
I got the same thing several times when editing in daw and saving the result to the memory card.
A bad memory card was to blame.
Line Audio CM3 CM4 OM1, MKH 416, MKH 406, BP4029, AT4073a, AT Pro 45,  Ferrograph (Reslo RBL), ECM-737
SD MixPre-6, SD MixPre-3II, PCM-A10, Deity HD-TX, Marantz PMD620, Sony TC-D5 ProII
SD MixPre-D, Dcode PS-T, Sound Professionals SP-Preamp, Church Audio ST-20A

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 02:25:08 PM »
Not really related to the actual content, but the subject reminded me of a audio art installation I went to in NYC one time where they had speakers mounted in spots around the room playing a set of tones, and the interference patterns of the speakers caused the sound to change as you moved around the room. Was pretty cool

Offline bonghitwillie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 03:54:19 PM »
is that a rothko?

Online Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2022, 03:57:41 PM »
Odd indeed.  Looks kind of like sample rate aliasing, but across the entire file length.

Not really related to the actual content, but the subject reminded me of a audio art installation I went to in NYC one time where they had speakers mounted in spots around the room playing a set of tones, and the interference patterns of the speakers caused the sound to change as you moved around the room. Was pretty cool

Back in my active sculpture days I schemed about making a sound-work pretty much exactly like that, yet never got around to actually doing it.  Cool that someone did and you got to experience it.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com