Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Recommendations for 6 Channel Setup with current gear  (Read 4795 times)

Offline fireonshakedwnstreet

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
  • David
Re: Recommendations for 6 Channel Setup with current gear
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2022, 04:08:59 PM »
Wonderful discussion, as always. I think the wide card included in that V1 package could come in really handy for these type of situations, so that other set of amplifiers  could really come in handy. Best thing about OMT is you can use or not use or mix in at different levels whatever you want.

Just another note on the omnis, I believe the OM1s are flat out to 20khz, so you might want to give them a little boost beginning from 3.5 khz or so in your mixdown if they sound too distant.
Mics: AT 3031; AT 853Rx (c, o); Samson C02; Studio Projects C4 (c, o, h); Nak 300/Tascam PE-125/JVC M510 (cp-1, cp-2, cp-3, JVC M510 superdirectional caps)
Recorders: Tascam DR-680 MkII; Tascam DR-70D
Pres: Edirol UA-5 (Oade PMod & WMod); Marantz PMD661 (OCM); Marantz PMD620 (Oade WMod); Naiant MidBox; Shure FP11 (x2)
https://archive.org/details/@fireonshakedwnstreet

Offline ejl6495

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • My Tapes on LMA
Re: Recommendations for 6 Channel Setup with current gear
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2022, 04:34:46 PM »
You've given me quite a bit to digest in this thread lol! Thank you again for your time, knowledge, and experience. I've yet to make my final decision, but I'm very excited to to try out something new. You'll be hearing more from me in the coming days >:D

Warren Haynes, Anders Osborne, & guests doing The Last Waltz on Tuesday // Billy Strings on Friday. Hoping the new V1's come in time for Tuesday

With only four channels there is already a lot to play around with afterward, with six or more the rabbit hole goes deep quickly.  Keep your head Alice.

Alice & I have alot in common, I look forward to the sonic rabbit hole post show :spin:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com