Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 weirdness (and yes I've been to the FAQ)  (Read 1779 times)

Offline beathydrolysis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
JB3 weirdness (and yes I've been to the FAQ)
« on: October 15, 2006, 12:40:51 PM »
So I was out tapin' last night with my AT853s and JB3 and the opener goes just fine.  Then I get through the first set and I go to push stop and I get the unable to save message.  I've heard of this happening before (never been there) and I know that if it is unable to write the file everything is lost.  So I say to myself "ohh shit" and chide myself for not daisy chaining a backup in and then I say to myself, "okay, well at least you'll catch the second set".  So I try to start a new recording and it gives me some bullshit about insufficient space for the recording (those wasn't the exact error message but you get the gist).  I pull the battery, repeat the process and get the same shit.  Here's the rub.  I just reformatted my JB3 before the outing so it was clean and should have been no problem.  So I come home all pissed, and say I'll get to the bottom of it in the morning.  So here I am, sitting at my desk and my JB3 works again (I did like 5 test recordings sequentially and it saved each one appropriately).  So what is up here guys?  Can anyone shed some light on my situation.  Honestly, I would have been much happier if I had needed to reformat and reinstall the firmware then having to run around with a tempermental recording rig.
Take care of the tapers and the tapers will take care of you.

Offline beathydrolysis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: JB3 weirdness (and yes I've been to the FAQ)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 09:26:50 AM »
Alright guys, update on the JB3 weirdness situation.  It turns out that I can record as many ~5 minute tracks as I want to but if I even think about recording a 30 minute track it gives me the unable to save message.  I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled the firmware and guess what, I still can't record 30+ (I think the cutoff is actually closer to 10) minute tracks.  Please someone, descend from the heavens and help me with my plight.  I've been pushed back into the days of mini disc and I hate swapping discs.
Take care of the tapers and the tapers will take care of you.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com