Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: UA-5 battery question  (Read 3150 times)

Offline Swampy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • You Worthless Swampy Fool
UA-5 battery question
« on: December 26, 2004, 01:32:52 PM »
Hey, so I got my UA-5 from Oade yesterday and they include a battery like this one, but no documentaion; http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=19338.0 so, 1. How do you know when its done charging, what to the lights mean? Im guessing how much its charged... And how long will it run the UA-5... THANKS!!!

Offline aberg

• Team Canada
Re: UA-5 battery question
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 04:29:22 PM »
I'm hopefully getting a similar battery setup made for my UA-5 and JB3.. I'm not exactly sure how you know when it's charged but I do remember reading about it in another thread here but for the life of me can't find it. Anyways, welcome back to team Lux... we'll be runnin the same rig now... cheers.

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 08:23:54 PM »
the light above where it sez "charge" will turn red when charging, will blink red/green when close to fully charged and turn green when fully charged

When fully chaged and the black button to the right of the charge light is pushed, all the lights will illuminate green, as it discharges and the black button is pressed, fewer will light green

Offline Swampy

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 09:28:52 AM »
Package deal for digimod UA-5 and battery $329

Offline Electric Cowgirl

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 07:45:10 PM »
the light above where it sez "charge" will turn red when charging, will blink red/green when close to fully charged and turn green when fully charged

When fully chaged and the black button to the right of the charge light is pushed, all the lights will illuminate green, as it discharges and the black button is pressed, fewer will light green

Bingo!  This batter should run your UA5 for at least 2 shows.  It runs my Earthworks (power hog mics) for about 6.5 hours or so. I do 2 shows then recharge.  It will also hold a charge for a long time.  I charged mine up and let it sit for a month and it still ran my shit for 2 whole shows. 

FYI- This battery can also be purchased at Best Buy.  Look for it near the DVD players in a blue package, company name is Dynex.  Not sure on the price.  If you have a UA5 and don't have this battery you NEED to take your ass to Best Buy or Walmart, then to Radio Shack for some adaptaplugs.
AKG480->w-UA5->fujitsu lifebook

Offline Swampy

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004, 10:46:25 AM »
Hey, to charge this sucker, you just plug the the plug into the "in" socket, correct? Nothing special you have to do? Cause I dont think I see any lights on once its charging...

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2004, 12:01:17 PM »
you should only see one red light while charging. after a while...if you are still watching, it will flicker from red to green for a little while, and then when it is a constant green it is fully charged. there is a trickler built into the battery i bielve so you can leave it plugged in. at least thats what i do. YMMV
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2004, 12:36:26 PM »
The oade battery is actually an energizer model. It was on the box or the battery itself somewhere. The lights tell you how much power the unit has. I asked the Oade's about how long to charge, and they just send let it go over night and you'll be good. I've done 3 shows between charges with no problems. That includes openers, etc.
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline Swampy

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2004, 02:14:38 PM »
ahhh, thanks

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 02:21:19 AM »
Hey, to charge this sucker, you just plug the the plug into the "in" socket, correct? Nothing special you have to do? Cause I dont think I see any lights on once its charging...
alex, this battery a lithium ion or a NiMH? 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com