Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR-07 error file  (Read 3871 times)

Offline nunomoreira1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Tascam DR-07 error file
« on: November 12, 2010, 08:08:14 PM »
Hi,

I had a problem recording one show with Tascam DR-07, i was recording and for some reason it turned off. when i checked the file to play , it says error file and it shows 0:00 seconds recorded from that file. Can someone explain/ help me how to recover this file if it's possible, thank you.

Offline anonymous_user

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Tascam DR-07 error file
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 11:50:26 PM »
Check the filesize. If it's a full-sized file, it should be easy to recover it. Go to the computer-related help board, and check out the Homegrown wave repair utility thread. As long as you're using windows, check out that utility first, and if that doesn't work, then you'll have to try out some of the other methods posted. Just make sure to make multiple copies of your full-size file first, copy it to 3-4 different folders if necessary, but the first rule is to never work from your only copy of the file, ever. Always keep multiple copies until you're able to recover it, in case something goes wrong in the process, which is very possible.

On the other hand, if it's a 0kb file, I believe it can still be possible to recover in some cases, but much more difficult. The first rule in that case would be to not use the memory card again and not to write anything else to the card at all, or else you'll basically overwrite any data that's on there.

Offline lukpac

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »
On the other hand, if it's a 0kb file, I believe it can still be possible to recover in some cases, but much more difficult.

It shouldn't be that difficult. Or at least doesn't have to be. chkdsk should be able to recover the file. You'll probably just have to import as raw audio, setting the WAVE header options manually. That's how it worked out for me, anyway.

Offline nunomoreira1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 08:33:00 AM »
Thanks everyone, for the advices, let's see if i can recover this error file some way.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com