Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: **Newbie** Sony D7 Help  (Read 2904 times)

Offline panic_fan_dan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
**Newbie** Sony D7 Help
« on: July 20, 2005, 12:00:30 AM »
I just purchased a used Sony D7 from the Salvation Army thrift store for $20 the only problems with it was it did not have the 4AA battery holder, no AC/DC converter wall plug in, and no users manual. I made a power source for by going to Radio Shack and purchased a battery holder with a on/off switch that has two wires running from it so I soldered that to the apporiate plug so that it will go int the external power source on the back of the D7. After doing all of this I powered it on and it worked!  I know that the odds of this fine piece of gear to be in good working condition is most likely far fetched, but how could I pass this up. My question is what equipment do I need to patch this into another rig?
Picture to follow.

Thanks for any help!
JB 7/25/97 Starwood Amphitheater, Nashville, TN "Here's a song we used to play at weddings in our younger days"===>Bowlegged Woman

Offline Mark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: **Newbie** Sony D7 Help
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 07:00:14 AM »
If you want a digital patch, you need a 7pin cable such as Pro-Digital or Oade (active or passive), if you want an analog patch, you would run into "line-in" using an 1/8" mini - mini or 1/8" mini to RCA depending on the lead deck/device.

Offline dean

• Akustische u. Kino-Geräte!!!!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The Dude abides...
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 11:18:45 PM »
If you want a digital patch, you need a 7pin cable such as Pro-Digital or Oade (active or passive), if you want an analog patch, you would run into "line-in" using an 1/8" mini - mini or 1/8" mini to RCA depending on the lead deck/device.

Clarifying from a $$ perspective:

Digital 7 pin:  active will cost about $150 with shipping, passive a little less, but I haven't priced it.  You can try to pick up a used one, but they're few, far between, not always dependable.

1/8" mini - mini or 1/8" mini to RCA depending on the lead deck/device:  will cost less than $12 from Radio Shack for both.

I use all three as needed.  I always try to use the digital 7pin for obvious reasons (better signal in and out).  But if someone can't give me a digi out, then I'll go with either of the 1/8 inch cables.

I recommend you start with the low cost alternative, meet some tapers and talk to them about the benefits of 7pin digi vs. 1/8" analog.

+T for the find and the battery work, man!!
Light weight: Sound Pro AT 831 or MBHO's > tinybox > D7 or Samson PM4's > Denecke PS-2 > D7
Slutty weight:  [MBHO MBP 603A + (KA100LK/KA200N/KA500HN)] and/or [AKG C 414 b xls (omni/sub-card/card/hyp/8)]  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's/other xlr's > Oade T & W Mod R-4 or UA-5 (BM2p+ mod.) or JB3 or D7

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deanlambrecht

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 11:26:40 PM »
There's a quality (non-Core-Sound) active 7-pin available in the YS right now, for a good price:  http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=46715.0

Also, check out this link for a battery holder replacement:  http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=2498.0
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com