Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mic Configs for Outdoors  (Read 1494 times)

Offline morningdew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Mic Configs for Outdoors
« on: May 18, 2006, 02:43:40 PM »
I'm going to Summercamp in about a week and it will be my first time taping outdoors.

I've run DIN and DINa and have been happy with both.  I think DINa seems to work a little better in a narrow situation but frankly I don't know what I'm talking about.  Not enough pratical experience to be certain of this opinion.

How about outdoors?  Should I try some dream config?  I have cardoids and will probably run those the entire time but I might have a back up pair of hypers to run if I'd like.

Thanks.

Offline KLowe

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • CrossFit....check you ego at the door
Re: Mic Configs for Outdoors
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 10:09:47 PM »
Along the same lines....Not trying to thread hijack here....but.  I want to run split omni's at bonnaroo this year.  How far apart to the omnis need to be from eachother?  I have heard anywhere from 3ft to 30ft apart.  Any help would be much appreciated.  but please answer morningdew's question first.

FWIW...morningdew... I like cards ORTF (110degress 17cm apart) at outside venues.  I liked what I pulled from Langerado with that config (minus the wind).

I actually work for a living with music, instead of you jerk offs who wish they did.

bwaaaahahahahahaha.... that is awesome!

Offline ethan

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Go Buffs!
    • COTapers.org
Re: Mic Configs for Outdoors
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 10:19:47 PM »
ORTF outdoors 0wnz....I also like to use my HPF filter on my V2. I find that the low end is much stronger at outdoor shows. It's clearer but can have a punch that's annoying to my ears.

-e
COtapers.org - "We're higher than your average taper"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com