Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack help  (Read 5742 times)

Offline phishtaper4v

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Microtrack help
« on: November 08, 2005, 07:58:21 PM »
Hey guys, I am considering grabbing one of these units, but I have some pretty serious concerns. I ordered a 8 gb compact flast card for the unit, but I am unsure if I will be keeping it. Basically here are my questions....it sounds like there are quite a few issues with the unit, and I am not sure if it is something that would be truly beneficial to me. Based on what I read, am I correct in assuming that whenever the unit records 2 gb of music, it STOPS recording? is this something that would be fixed? Am I better waiting for this to be resolved? additionally, what kind of other issues are currently facing this machine? The battery life is not much of a concern to me, as I would be running off of AC power. if anyone can help, please let me know, John Schmidt

Offline svenkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Take Time to Listen!
Re: Microtrack help
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 08:33:54 PM »
lol, so you bought the 8g card.
the 2 gig thing is, from my understanding, only at a single record session, so stopping it after a set would be fine, and 2 seperate sets wouldn't reach the 2 gig limit, or is it 2 gig total and then stop? and at 16 bit, 2 gigs is about 3 hours of music.

you should be fine. I thought we came to the coclusion that the 4g card was the best bet.
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline phishtaper4v

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 09:02:58 PM »
yeah, well what if the set is longer than 2 hours? Also, can you send me the link to the 4 gb card again on here.....the site you sent to me was in pounds

does everyone feel like there are alot of potential problems with this device?

I was just thinking that the benefit of an 8 gb card was that when we hit the road hard it gives a little more leway. Also, could you post the battery link options again.....

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 09:11:45 PM »
you really need to read through some of the pages here, much of this has already been covered.  I would only recommend the MT if you're going to be feeding it a digital signal.  in brief, if a set is over 2 hours, you will miss 5-10 seconds while the recording saves and you start the next file.  M-audio says that they will fix this, and we all hope for the fix to come soon.  are you better off to buy it now or wait for the fix?  only you can make that choice.  right now, I'm making great 24 bit recordings with the V3, and I haven't lost any recordings because of the device.

external battery options?  there are many in this thread:
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=51864.0;all

Offline chitaper

• Taperssection Regular
  • Taper. Skeptic.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 09:15:13 PM »
does everyone feel like there are alot of potential problems with this device?
It has a few problems, but none so serious (IMHO) that break the deal, and they should have new firmware out soon - I hope! I've recorded 5 shows so far on mine, all successfully at 24/48 from a V3.

I was just thinking that the benefit of an 8 gb card was that when we hit the road hard it gives a little more leway.
But it's far cheaper to get an on-the-go hard drive. 80GB will cost you ~$160, you can hit the road quite a while on that!

Offline phishtaper4v

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 09:35:52 PM »
i really have no intentions of using this for 24 bit recording.......how long would i be able to record on a 4 gb card? Maybe that is the route I should go instead of the 8gb?

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 09:47:00 PM »
[svenkid]
set was 1:50 so no issues with 2 hour stop thing 
[svenkid/]

[someone smarter]
just fyi, it's a 2 gig thing, not a 2 hour thing.  at 16/44.1 or 16/48, you won't hit 2 GB file size limit until about 3 hours.
[someone smarter/]
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline phishtaper4v

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 10:29:09 PM »
i guess it might be interesting to split the output of the board though and run half through the ad1000 to a dat and then the other half through the mini me to the microtrack......isn't playing the 24 bit files a bitch though?

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 10:33:07 PM »

Offline phishtaper4v

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005, 10:34:56 PM »
ps...elisa says hi!

Offline phishtaper4v

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 10:36:27 PM »
and I can fit 2 shows at 16 bit on one 4gb card you think? this is going to make our disclogic stuff so much easier

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2005, 10:37:10 PM »

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2005, 10:37:32 PM »
i really have no intentions of using this for 24 bit recording.......how long would i be able to record on a 4 gb card? Maybe that is the route I should go instead of the 8gb?

Why not get an NJB3 if you are not going 24bit?  Dependable, proven device, with a crapload of storage space... cheap...

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2005, 10:38:19 PM »
and I can fit 2 shows at 16 bit on one 4gb card you think? this is going to make our disclogic stuff so much easier

depending on show length, Id say yes!

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2005, 10:42:13 PM »

depending on show length, Id say yes!

although, id probably get an anxiety attack if I attempted this (cutting it close)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.117 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com