Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: did i just F$%^ my mic?  (Read 6408 times)

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: did i just F$%^ my mic?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 01:31:40 PM »
by "phantom power will hurt it" you mean if i plug or unplug it while phantom power is on? cause the thing wont work without phantom power.

no, what he means is phantom power + ribbon mic = no more ribbon mic
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

again, your showing your cluelessness.

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion
And rules all creation........

Offline svenkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 02:38:41 PM »
by "phantom power will hurt it" you mean if i plug or unplug it while phantom power is on? cause the thing wont work without phantom power.

I don't get the ribbon thing, but Im a mic gneub, but if you unplug the xlrs from condenser mics, and the phantom power is running to the mics, something bad will definately happen.
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 03:03:08 PM »

I don't get the ribbon thing, but Im a mic gneub, but if you unplug the xlrs from condenser mics, and the phantom power is running to the mics, something bad will definately happen.

Nope you can unplug phantom powered mics all you want when the phantom is on it will be 100% fine just make sure if your doing this with a 100,000 watt PA system that the channel is muted! :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 06:18:59 PM by Church-Audio »
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 04:21:52 PM »

Nope you can unplug phantom powered mics all you want when the phantom is on it will be 100% fine just make sure if your doing this with a 100,000 PA system that the channel is muted! :)

QFT

$100,000? or 100,000 watt?
either way, you are correct   ;)
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

again, your showing your cluelessness.

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion
And rules all creation........

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com