Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: taping amphitheatre's??  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Joe DiDia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • Home Page
taping amphitheatre's??
« on: June 16, 2004, 02:50:28 PM »
i got a question about how you guys go about taping amphitheatre shows.  All of the shows i've taped were GA and i've been able to set up by the board with no problem.  I'm assuming security isn't going to let me set up my stand blocking the isle, and I'm not too keen on how i'd tie it down to an armrest. 

The specific show i'm talking about will be DMB - Deer Creek this sunday.  If any of you guys have pics of your rig set up, or got some tips for me, I'd appreciate it.  Can't be having my stand fall over on me now  :P

Peace,
Joe

Offline Nick Culbreth

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: taping amphitheatre's??
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 03:00:59 PM »
There really isn't too much to describe... for dmb you can tape from your seat and go up as high as you want provided you aren't in the view of the camera guy.  If you are in the center section you have to run at head height so if you're in the center it might be a good idea to trade over to the side.  You probably won't be able to open up the leg's of your stand so bring a roll of duct tape and tape your stand to the seat.  Also it's a good idea to keep your bag on top of the seat and try to keep an eye to make sure your neighbors don't spill their beer on the gear.

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
Re: taping amphitheatre's??
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 03:42:04 PM »
i got a question about how you guys go about taping amphitheatre shows.  All of the shows i've taped were GA and i've been able to set up by the board with no problem.  I'm assuming security isn't going to let me set up my stand blocking the isle, and I'm not too keen on how i'd tie it down to an armrest. 

The specific show i'm talking about will be DMB - Deer Creek this sunday.  If any of you guys have pics of your rig set up, or got some tips for me, I'd appreciate it.  Can't be having my stand fall over on me now  :P

Peace,
Joe

Duct tape, duct tape, duct tape.  Put your bag on the seat, set levels, then enjoy the show. ;)
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com