Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKG 300's or SP C4's?  (Read 6644 times)

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: AKG 300's or SP C4's?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2004, 09:33:28 AM »
I have your 24bit Los Lobos show from here in KC. (thanks again)
this is one of the shows that got me to thinking of the C4's instead..

Nice to see KC sportin' some Gefell's  8)     Do you tape much? Suprised I have not seen ya out..

KcMojoe Runs some Mod 460's>Wmod UA-5 Which was the Best sounding KC Rig I had listened to so far

Thanks For the input.
Nick

I tape about 1-2 times a months prolly, alot in Lawrence lately it seems.  Ya, Joe's rig sounds great!  I think he runs a P or T mod though...  I do run into him alot at shows.  One of my buddy's runs 480>V3 rig (phil on this board), and it puts out some great tapes too!  I've got some shows up on Archive too, if you want some more shows with that C4 rig.  Good luck!
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline mirth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2004, 12:57:45 PM »
matt,

much thanks for the detailed post on the quirks of the c-4's......been thinking about picking up a set lately.
Actually I've been thinking real hard about a pair of TL's.  Maybe we could do a little temporay swap sometime?  Drop me a pm if you are interested.

Matt

Matt, are you aspiring to be the Gear Slut of the Month for December?
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2004, 02:53:17 PM »
matt,

much thanks for the detailed post on the quirks of the c-4's......been thinking about picking up a set lately.
Actually I've been thinking real hard about a pair of TL's.  Maybe we could do a little temporay swap sometime?  Drop me a pm if you are interested.

Matt

Matt, are you aspiring to be the Gear Slut of the Month for December?

Nah... there is a minimum dollar amount for that award!!!  Without still having Grace or Schoeps  in my vocabulary, I'm sure I don't qualify! 
     A pair of fatty TL's would be cool though.  I doubt I would actually take the plunge before spring.  Ideally I would like to have 2 sets of nice mics for next years Wu Reunion.  Nothin' wrong with a little interview though... right?

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline mirth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2004, 03:04:46 PM »
Nah, nothing wrong at all. If you'd want to borrow the 393's I'm sure it could be arranged. My brother also has a pair of the Superlux cards, and I have some C1000s if you really wanted to get complex.
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2004, 03:43:29 PM »
I have your 24bit Los Lobos show from here in KC. (thanks again)
this is one of the shows that got me to thinking of the C4's instead..

Nice to see KC sportin' some Gefell's  8)     Do you tape much? Suprised I have not seen ya out..

KcMojoe Runs some Mod 460's>Wmod UA-5 Which was the Best sounding KC Rig I had listened to so far

Thanks For the input.
Nick

I tape about 1-2 times a months prolly, alot in Lawrence lately it seems.  Ya, Joe's rig sounds great!  I think he runs a P or T mod though...  I do run into him alot at shows.  One of my buddy's runs 480>V3 rig (phil on this board), and it puts out some great tapes too!  I've got some shows up on Archive too, if you want some more shows with that C4 rig.  Good luck!

ya your right . Joe runs the P-mod.
I have met Phil a couple times.  If it is the same Phil (shnmusic.com) down in St louis for the 11-03-2002  Mule gig , Funny enough he was running 391's back then. I dont see Phil out and about to much these days.
well Hopefull I'll get a chance to a face to your name/Tapes sometime.

Take care
Nick

edit for fat fingers. (i need to get a spell check)
AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

Offline Scooter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2004, 05:13:57 PM »
ya it's shmusic.com phil, he used to run 390's a while back ;D
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline Brian

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2004, 05:19:40 PM »
matt,

Matt

very cool offer!  if you can wait until after the new year i'd be more than happy to do a temporary trade :)

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2004, 06:54:46 PM »
matt,

Matt

very cool offer!  if you can wait until after the new year i'd be more than happy to do a temporary trade :)

That would work well for me also as I don't think I'll be taping too much before then.  If we can work it out I would want to try them wioth my matrix rig as well as my audience rig.  We can talk about it down the road!

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline Brian

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2004, 06:55:10 PM »
sounds good :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com