Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DMIC-20 Help  (Read 1250 times)

Offline shroominhumpy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Team Ghetto Rig--Cheap gear. Sick Tapes.
DMIC-20 Help
« on: August 10, 2004, 06:39:32 PM »
I just got a dmic-20 and I cant get my mics to register any singal on the level meters unless i like scream into the mic and then it just peaks out and nothing else happens. I am getting power to the phantom power module so I am not really sure whats the issue. Can anyone help? That would be great. Is there anything that can fry on the inside. I am pretty sure I got it in working condition and am afraid I screwed something up. I am powering it with a radioshack DC car adaptor with an adaptaplug. It turns on great and everything and the leds work. I just can get any consistant signal with the mics. Any help would be great.

Jason
If mass communications blend together harmoniously, and often unnoticeably, art, politics, religion, and philosophy with commercials, they bring these realms of culture to their common denominator—the commodity form. The music of the soul is also the music of salesmanship.
Herbert Marcuse

Offline shroominhumpy

• Taperssection Regular
Re: DMIC-20 Help
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 04:37:35 PM »
Shameless help please bump
If mass communications blend together harmoniously, and often unnoticeably, art, politics, religion, and philosophy with commercials, they bring these realms of culture to their common denominator—the commodity form. The music of the soul is also the music of salesmanship.
Herbert Marcuse

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 05:33:26 PM »
What are the jumpers on the dmic set to ?

If the are set really low it may account for you having to scream in to the mics
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline shroominhumpy

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 05:37:46 PM »
The jumpers have been tried all over the place. The levels do not register anything until they are maxed out. Is there anyone really familar with the inside of the thing that can tell me if there is something that I could have shorted or otherwise and would cause a lot of electricty to flow through it before it works.  I think I am going to open this thing up this evening and see if I can see anything and check for continuity at various places throughout the box.

Jason
Herbert Marcuse

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com