Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I am a newbie, tech-retarded, and have a nomad jb3..want to record voice lessons  (Read 2323 times)

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
I need to know EXACTLY what I need to get in addition to this JB3(which I have heard many great things about...got it for 149) to get a decent quality recording of my lessons...a good decent price microphone(I aint tapin no concerts yet) what kind exactly and from where do I get it, what exactly I need in addition to the microphone and the JB3, and how exactly do I start the process of recording , and after that how do I transfer to computer, what is firewire and where do i get it, and how do I use it with this machine??Please babysit me, I know you did a big spiel, brian, but too complicated for my not technical brain...too many choices...please give me a good setup to record just a voice and piano and my voice teacher talking.....and im not rich, so not too pricey....I really really appreciate it.....Once again, keep it simple when explaining...I am a tech idiot(I have been using a dictophone, but got tired of the bad quality..)Oh and what programs can I play my lessons with../??please be thorough.....and SIMPLE>>>>>Ray

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
I need to know EXACTLY what I need to get in addition to this JB3(which I have heard many great things about...got it for 149) to get a decent quality recording of my lessons...a good decent price microphone(I aint tapin no concerts yet) what kind exactly and from where do I get it, what exactly I need in addition to the microphone and the JB3, and how exactly do I start the process of recording , and after that how do I transfer to computer, what is firewire and where do i get it, and how do I use it with this machine??Please babysit me, I know you did a big spiel, brian, but too complicated for my not technical brain...too many choices...please give me a good setup to record just a voice and piano and my voice teacher talking.....and im not rich, so not too pricey....I really really appreciate it.....Once again, keep it simple when explaining...I am a tech idiot(I have been using a dictophone, but got tired of the bad quality..)Oh and what programs can I play my lessons with../??please be thorough.....and SIMPLE>>>>>Ray

You can start by reading the instructions that came with the Nomad.

Depending on your budget, I would go with a Sony ECM mic.  Simple, cheap, and plugs right into the input on the Nomad. 

Once you read the instructions that came with the Nomad, and install the software on your computer, all you have to do is connect the nomad to the HD and "transfer".  Once its on your HD, play in ANY player.  I use WinAmp, personally.

Also check out this:
http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=16338.0

And check out this:
http://www.nomadness.net/

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Ray76

Thanks bud..and yes I do know what google is...I typed it in, and more tech jargon..I needed a human who could break it down for me.....Be patient. I am a slow one when it comes to tech stuff....I will try my best not to ask questions that could have been answered elsewhere..no need for sarcasm or snide comments....Rest assured that I will research before I post..thanks again for the info...ray
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 07:20:37 PM by Ray76 »

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Thanks bud..and yes I do know what google is...I typed it in, and more tech jargon..I needed a human who could break it down for me.....Be patient. I am a slow one when it comes to tech stuff....I will try my best not to ask questions that could have been answered elsewhere..no need for sarcasm or snide comments....Rest assured that I will research before I post..thanks again for the info...ray

Sorry, what did you want to know?

T
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline TenoRichards

• Taperssection Regular
  • Resident Taper/Audiophile Wannabe
    • Tenor

edit cuz i was under the influence of no sleep when I posted that shit. Sorry, Ray.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 08:27:33 AM by TenoRichards »
dpa 4060's>BBox>acm modded pmd671 or Edirol r-09
www.tenorrichards.com

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
No, Ray, you don't. You do this on your other forum too. Spend about 2 weeks reading and sifting before posting. Patiently go thru it all. Search the archives and work for it bro. These guys are very serious about what they do and don't need a bunch of opera singers to pester them. Just read unless you've spent a bunch of time. You are cluttering up this forum like you do NFCS. Not knowing the jargon is no excuse. There IS need for sarcasm and snide remarks, cuz they don't want us noobs filling up the board. The format here is much more serious than NFCS. Please don't make me look bad for recc'ing TS as a source for our tech needs. Thanks.

Lighten up, Francis.  While I'm the first to direct people to the Archival Info forum and Search features, different people have different needs as part of the learning process.  We were ALL newbies at one point, and were it not for a core of people who helped me when I started out but couldn't necessarily figure things out on my own, I would've had a helluva time getting started.  There are always newbies on the board, it's one of the reasons this site exists - to attract nad help them.  So, while we do take our hobby very seriously, we also take very seriously a commitment to helping others.

TR does have a good point, though, Ray - try using the Archival Info forum and Search feature of this board.  There's gobs of information available, much of it presented in a manner intended for easy consumption.

IME, those who are unable or unwilling to do at least some research on their own - and would rather have information spoon-fed to them - don't last very long in this hobby.  The hobby requires a certain degree of independent and often analytical thought.  And as a result, some stick with it, some don't.  Not saying Ray falls on one side or the other, I don't know him well enough yet.  But he's demonstrated an interest, and that alone is worth giving him the benefit of the doubt and helping him along the path to a point where he can decide whether he'll stick with it and enter the taper world, or decide to skip out and pursue other interests.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline TenoRichards

• Taperssection Regular
  • Resident Taper/Audiophile Wannabe
    • Tenor
::untwisting panties::

Apologies. I just had noticed that there were aprox 5 threads being run by him (who was pointed here by possibly my doing) and so I felt uneasy. That, and I'm menstrating. Or was that castrating? Anyhoo, I'll shut up and let him get his questions answered. +T to you B, for taking the time.
dpa 4060's>BBox>acm modded pmd671 or Edirol r-09
www.tenorrichards.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com