Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: cd wave editor  (Read 2664 times)

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
cd wave editor
« on: January 20, 2004, 12:40:38 AM »
recently i've been feeding my nomad a 24/48 signal from my ua-5, when i go to open the file in cd wave editor i get a message that reads "File header reports a size that is different than the system reports.  Do you want to adjust the size? (Yes to override, No to trust header, Cancel to abort)"

Which one should i pick, or should i be changing something with the wav in sound forge first?

thanks

ed

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Bongo Bongo
Re:cd wave editor
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 01:05:48 AM »
I heard the nomad is not actually able to accept 24 bit word lengths even though it appears to be. I think it is taking the signal and truncating down to 16 bit. I would only feed it a 16 bit digital signal.

You can check the bit meter if you have Wavelab to see what your file resolution actually is.

Good luck,
Ben

PS: 24 bit/48 KHz runs about 1 GB/hour, does this correspond to your file sizes?
In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 01:25:43 AM »
the file is truncated down to 16bit, i just run it at 24bit cuz i usually run it to my laptop as well and use the nomad as a backup, however for this recording the laptop version didn't turn out.  I've tried clicking yes and clicking no and both seem to sound the same.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline BC

• Bongo Bongo
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 01:53:28 PM »
If one of the options (Yes to override, No to trust header) gives you chopped files that show up as 16 bit I would use that setting, since that is the actual file resolution.

Take care,
Ben

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 08:31:08 PM »
Yeah... CD Wave only reads 44.1 files.  Remember, it's purpose is to split wave files at perfect CD sector boundaries.

<huh?>

data on a cd is split up into chunks, each containing 1/75th of a second of music.  If you don't split your wave file right on that mark, your burning software must fill the gap with zeroes.  This is what causes the little glitches you get if you don't cut them right on the cd sector boundaries.
<end huh?>

Anyways, all that to say CD Wave was designed specifically for makin' CDs so it doesn't accept a 48k file.  It will rewrite the header for you if you want - but that will change the pitch and duration of your music.  

If you just like CD Wave for cutting tracks, then you can still use it.  When you're done you'll have to change the headers back on all the files.  Or maybe you can use the cuesheet with the original file?  If you're just trying to burn a CD, convert it to 44.1 with something good.
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2004, 09:41:35 PM »
CD Wave handles 48 and 96 kHz files fine. Never tried 88.2, but wouldn't be surprised if that works fine too.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2004, 09:49:16 AM »
CD Wave handles 48 and 96 kHz files fine. Never tried 88.2, but wouldn't be surprised if that works fine too.

I stand corrected.  Must have been an older version of CD Wave that did that.
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline mfh2014

• Taperssection Regular
  • Rock
    • bigherm
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2004, 03:27:25 PM »
Yup...CDWav 1.93 does 24bit as well...and can write in flac and mp3..http://www.homepages.hetnet.nl/~mjmlooijmans/cdwave/

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com