Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Direct TV, Tivo, and HD  (Read 2671 times)

Offline rhett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Direct TV, Tivo, and HD
« on: October 01, 2004, 12:01:43 PM »
Does any one have an approach that is not the 999$ HDTV receiver/tivo from direct TV?

The direct tv/tivo receiver is nice becaue you van watch one thing and tivo another, but is not an HDTV receiver.

Any solutions?

Thanks!

Rhett
Go Steelers!

jpschust

Re: Direct TV, Tivo, and HD
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 12:05:31 PM »
ive been eyeing that tivo box for a long time now... i just wont shell it out at this point.  but for all the non hd stuff you record you get a TON of storage space.  I could every single program I want to for 2 weeks and never ever have to delete.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 12:28:32 PM »
cablevision is going to offer a HD tivo for 9.95 a month (what i've been told).  hdmi input...

of course, you'll never be able to get them to show up for an appointment, so what's the point...

Offline Wes

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 01:39:15 PM »
If you don't want to buy the box for yourself check with your cable company and see what their rental/usage fees are.  I use Time Warner and they don't have a hd/tivo box, so I have to use 2 seperate boxes.  One for hd and one for tivo.
" Radio Shack md440zrs>high pass filter>whopper a>d "

jpschust

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 01:39:57 PM »
i have directv, i dont believe they do any form of a rental program on equipment.

Offline JeffK

• Taperssection Member
  • ...just a little split off center than the most
    • umphreaks!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 04:32:45 PM »
If you don't want to buy the box for yourself check with your cable company and see what their rental/usage fees are.  I use Time Warner and they don't have a hd/tivo box, so I have to use 2 seperate boxes.  One for hd and one for tivo.

Check with your local Time Warner office... I just got the HD DVR offering from them.

I'm gonna hold out on DirecTV for another year at least.  I'll wait until the HD equipment pricing goes way down, and then the main draw would still be the NFL Ticket anyways.

jpschust

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 04:37:28 PM »
one of the things about directv is that they have the most bandwidth of any of the sattelite providers, they consistently produce the best picture quality over anyone.  also their customer service is second to none in that business.

Offline Wes

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2004, 04:38:06 PM »

Check with your local Time Warner office... I just got the HD DVR offering from them.

I'm gonna hold out on DirecTV for another year at least.  I'll wait until the HD equipment pricing goes way down, and then the main draw would still be the NFL Ticket anyways.

I just called them yesterday.. I don't see why it would be offered in your area and not mine.  ???
Where do you live?
" Radio Shack md440zrs>high pass filter>whopper a>d "

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.156 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com