Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audacity errors?  (Read 1342 times)

Offline peterbilt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Audacity errors?
« on: August 10, 2006, 09:03:06 PM »
The first time I ran my Motu 828>Vaio I experienced glitches that were easily resolved by reinstalling the drivers for the 828.
Now, whenever I stop recording Audacity displays an error and says it needs to shut down. The wav's are then saved in a temp file which is great but an extremely tedious task to piece back together. I have gone through and adjusted all sorts of settings to streamline things and the first time I recorded with this setup, despite the glitches, the files saved correctly.
I have tried both 16 and 24 bit, 44.1 and 48 and the same result occurs. I haven't attempted a test adjusting the latency yet though it's next on the list.
I'm running XP with a Pentium M 1.7 Ghz  209 Mhz with 1 GB ram. With the one time running well, I don't believe the system is too slow, I'm just missing something somewhere.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Offline peterbilt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Audacity errors?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 04:38:13 PM »
Another thing I forgot to mention is that I have tried writing the files to an external drive (Seagate 7200  160GB) and the problems still occur.
Could this be due to the Motu drivers and Audacity being run from the laptop drive and not from the external drive?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.146 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com