Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: weird 24/96 flac or audacity problem  (Read 1530 times)

Offline db

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • i do not have a personal statement
weird 24/96 flac or audacity problem
« on: August 01, 2007, 02:14:01 PM »
i can't really tell where the problem  is. i have a feeling that it's in audacity, but then i can't be sure.

history is:
recorded 24/96 files. simple edits in audacity, exported to 24/96 file, cut it up in cdwav, saved in "alternate 24 format", then flac via 1.7.1 with all of the selectoids unchecked. made a dvd-a iso via dvdaudiofile and wrote iso to dvd = no problem.
then: decided to make 16/44 files...
took 24/96 flac files and waved them in both (for science) xact and flacfrontend 1.7.1. imported to audacity and downsampled in every combo. the resultant wave files in the following bit depths/sample rates 16/44, 24/44, 24/48 showed a two second (or so) blank spot at the end of each file. all of the sound is there with a blank tail at the end. i use audacity to dither and downsample 24/96 unflaced files frequently and have never encountered this problem....leading me to believe that this maybe a flac issue.

the bad part of this is that i long ago deleted the original files...dang.

edit: this looks like an audacity problem as i've just had success with wavlab....
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 03:20:25 PM by db »
db

Offline hobbes4444

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: weird 24/96 flac or audacity problem
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 09:46:08 AM »
Sorry to dig up an old post, but there were no replies, and this is the exact (almost) problem I just had.  I've used audactity a bunch without issues, but in my last mastering project I got 2-3 second blank spots at the end of each track that is traced back to audacity.

24/48 master file loaded into audacity (1.3.2 i think).  exported to 16 bit and resampled to 44.1.  i did track split (selected cursor to end, hit split, split looked fine).  then when i exported the tracks, 2 seconds of silence was added to each track.  very bummed as i upped the files based on my prior experience without this issue.  should have done additional QC, but i've never encountered this before. 

FWIW - i edited the .wav file slightly, then exported it as one file, and split it in cd wave.  that worked fine.  very bizarre.
DPA 4061 (unmatched HEB and stock), AT933 hypercard caps (Sound Pro), Nak 300s, chopped Nak 300s
Denecke AD-20
Church 9100 mini XLR
D8, M1, R-09, MTII

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.15 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com