Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Where do you guys like to cut tracks?  (Read 5281 times)

Offline Swanny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Some shows...
Re:Where do you guys like to cut tracks?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2003, 11:22:58 AM »
I like the jam intro of the song included in the track, but I try to put the banter, tuning on the end of a track. Please fade in and out the crowd before the Encore unless its a short pause, then leave it on the end of the last track. Only do an into crowd track if they are actually introducing the band.
Schoeps MK5/8 > KC5 > CMC6> Oade M148/Aerco MP-2 > Mytek 24192 > Tascam dr-100 mkiii

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2003, 11:33:45 AM »
I like the jam intro of the song included in the track, but I try to put the banter, tuning on the end of a track.

I tried this for a while, but ran into difficult determining when exactly the previous song ended and the jam intro started.  Not always easy!  So I'm with Greenone on this one: I don't track the song into which the band has segued until the song really starts in full.

Please fade in and out the crowd before the Encore unless its a short pause, then leave it on the end of the last track.

Whatever for?  Guess you don't like the extended applause and energy of the crowd?  I can understand that, though don't feel the same way.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline firmdragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2004, 07:02:30 PM »
i usually start with the drum clicks as mentioned before.  if the singer talks through this intro, i'll usually start with the beginning of a sentance.

don't you all hate it when you have to track a show where you aren't familiar with the songs/artist?

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2004, 07:34:39 PM »
im of the opinion there should never be more than 10-15 seconds of banter to start the show or end it.  if its just crowd noise delete it.  all banter and noise goes at the end of tracks unless its something like trey's jackass bonnaroo speech from a few years ago- that got its own track.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com