Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Where do you guys crotch your JB3 for security checks????  (Read 3964 times)

Offline Evil Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Going pro...no time for taping now
Where do you guys crotch your JB3 for security checks????
« on: December 08, 2004, 01:32:05 AM »
Kind of a lame and stupid question...but I just got my JB3 and am trying to figure out where a good place to crotch the unit would be for frisks.  I stash my mic and power unit between my legs in the gooch area and that works fine, undetectable to a frisk...but the JB3 kinda bulges anywhere I put it.  SOOOOO where do you experienced tapers normally hide this semi large unit?  Thanks alot.
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline Humbug

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Humbug Hum Rejection Unit
    • Trading site
Re: Where do you guys crotch your JB3 for security checks????
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 05:43:19 AM »
I don't hide it, it lives in my jacket pocket. If it gets pulled out I just tell security its my mp3 player and I didn't want to leave it in the car.
UK based taper: MK4>Nbox Platinum>PCM-M10
AT853C>CA9200 / PIPsqueak>Tascam DR-2D

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Humbug66

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 09:50:01 AM »
I use a pair of boxer briefs with a pocket sewn into the inner thigh of the left side. It pulls it in nice and snug and still allows for natural movement while walking. Make sure the flat end points down so you can get a nice fit. If security is real tight (patdowns, taint checks, whatever) I just take a little water and rub it on the front of my pants. Just act a little intoxicated and once security sees the wet spot on your pants, he isn't coming anywhere near it. This works fantastic at large venues but just don't act too drunk or they won't let you in...enjoy ;)

dear lord, thats one of the most ridiculously good ideas I've ever heard.

That being said, I just do what Humbug does.

+t
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 09:53:18 AM »
I have yet to have the need to hide the JB3. Wrap some cheapy headphones (like the ones that come with it) around it and, as stated before, call it your MP3 player. I've done probably about 10 shows with no problems. I also like to give it to my wife to put in her purse and they never look twice.

"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 09:54:52 AM »
I use a pair of boxer briefs with a pocket sewn into the inner thigh of the left side. It pulls it in nice and snug and still allows for natural movement while walking. Make sure the flat end points down so you can get a nice fit. If security is real tight (patdowns, taint checks, whatever) I just take a little water and rub it on the front of my pants. Just act a little intoxicated and once security sees the wet spot on your pants, he isn't coming anywhere near it. This works fantastic at large venues but just don't act too drunk or they won't let you in...enjoy ;)

haha, thats awesome.  stealthing techniques always amaze me.  i've actually only had to stealth it once (you'd be amazed at how many non open taping shows i go to and how many of them actually pat you down or do anything - most times you can walk in with whatever) - but the one time i did, i stuck in it the back of my pants in a crown royal bag, and the dood hit it and asked what it was.  so i told him i was taping the concert with it and he didn't like that so much.  so i turned around and walked thru another part of the line, tied the bag around my belt and walked in no problem.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline kfrinkle

• Karl Frinkle Dot Net
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 10:34:37 AM »
+T man, if i could give you more than one +T i would.

I have had reasonable success with just putting it above my boys, right behind a HUGE belt buckle, but sometimes that backfires.  For a Social Distortion show downtown a couple fo months ago, they were actually checking peoples bits and pieces for pieces, if you know what i mean.  I really like the drunk idea.. that kicks ass..

-Karl
MBHO KA200n's > Naiant Tinybox (v2.1) > Sony PCM-M10
http://tooldriveproject.net

Offline jkoch

• Taperssection Member
  • groovy!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 02:40:48 PM »
normally just sitting in my pants around the belt area. last week they were nazis, made me lift my shit and then patted me down across the belt line and found it and told me to "take it back to the car"..........so i did........then crotched it taping it up with some nice electrical tape i had in the car and came back....they never said to leave it in the car, right?
Schoeps MK4s > active cables > NBox+ > Edirol R-09HR

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 03:17:44 PM »
I find it very interesting how some can just walk in with no hassels, and others aren't. I think if you hide it they will have a problem. But if you just play dumb, you'll be fine. Test it out and see what happens.
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2004, 06:24:59 PM »

+T for one of the funniest things I've ever read...
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2004, 09:36:34 PM »

Yeah that's a very quick way to be tossed from a club show though.  I'm sure it would work in more of an amphitheater or similar sized venue.
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline JNT

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2004, 11:01:18 PM »

Yeah that's a very quick way to be tossed from a club show though.  I'm sure it would work in more of an amphitheater or similar sized venue.

Exactly.  Anyone who shows up at the door where I work looking like that definatly isn't getting in to the show.  Like you said I'm sure it works fine at bigger venues.  I can just see the look on their faces. :o

Joe
Mostly retired from taping.

JW Mod AKG 460+CK61/CK1/CK2/CK63>V3>
or
AKG CK1x/CK2x/>MK46>JW MOD C460>V3>

AKG C34>

>R44

"Drinking will help us plan!"  Moe Szyslak

silverbullet

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2004, 11:20:11 AM »
fanny pack + afew years on the clock = "doesn't fit the taper profile" = no problems ;D

curious what others think a stealth tapers profile is  ??? so I can avoid it  ;D I just try and blend in

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com