Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Zoom livetrack L-20 mixer/multi-track recorder  (Read 3861 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Zoom livetrack L-20 mixer/multi-track recorder
« on: September 12, 2018, 03:14:00 PM »
Ok, I freaking love this new board!

I believe it's the same preamps as the F series recorders.   They are lively and quiet as hell.
The built in effects surpass my Soundcraft Signature board by a long shot (and those are lexicons in the SC).   Built in blends of slight reverb and others in dedicated "vocals" with 4 different flavors.   A similar one for "drum ambience"....and they are perfect w/o having to fuck around with different blends on my own.   There are other generic effects as per standard issue on just about any board.

Digital signal routing so there is only one master EQ and effect setting....which you apply to whatever channel you want.

Built in SD recorder does 20 discrete tracks...pre or post effects.

48v phantom on groups of channels (not just global on / off).

7 simultaneous different mixes, and the outputs (sans mains) are 1/4 that can be designated as high-gain headphone amp or low gain line level signals for monitors.
Super intuitive as well !    No instruction manual, but I figured out every feature within an hour.

Offline jefflester

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Zoom livetrack L-20 mixer/multi-track recorder
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 04:45:26 PM »
This looks pretty cool. I've got a QSC TouchMix 16 that I like (haven't even scratched the surface of its capabilities), but I've had some trouble with multitrack recordings staying synched. And the other big drawback when using it for live mixing is I don't like not having physical sliders/knobs accessible in the event of feedback. This would be particularly applicable to self-mixing your own band while performing (which I do). The all touch pad operation of the QSC is very cool, but there's still something to be said for actual sliders and knobs.
DPA4061 HEB -> R-09 / AT943 -> CA-UGLY -> R-09
AKG CK63 -> nBob actives -> Baby NBox -> R-09/DR2d
AKG CK63 -> AKG C460B -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII
Line Audio CM4/Superlux S502/Samson C02/iSK Little Gem/Sennheiser E609/Shure SM57 -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII (multitracked band recordings)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Re: Zoom livetrack L-20 mixer/multi-track recorder
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 05:47:48 PM »
I agree...I went the whole "VR" route with a mixer once a year or two ago.    I just didn't like it.     This zoom will allow remote mixing on an ipad (only).   nice to have both options

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com