Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Aerco MP-2 Information > $750 new & 1 Month Lead Time  (Read 109037 times)

Offline nottingham

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection Member
  • There's wisemen hiding in the mountains
Re: Aerco MP-2 Information > $750 new & 1 Month Lead Time
« Reply #240 on: January 31, 2008, 02:04:44 PM »
If the thunder don't get ya, ........
the lightning will! ;D
Schoeps MK4-MK41>cmc6/Nbob actives/Naiant LB/Naiant TB > Sony M10/PMD620

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #241 on: January 31, 2008, 03:19:29 PM »
Well hopefully he can do both. Mine is just a repair as opposed to a full build. I'd also hope that he has some of yours done by now at least. September until Feb is a long time to wait, so I do understand your frustration. I had ordered mine on Mar. 17 St. Patricks day last year, I received it through much coercion the Thursday before I was to leave for Mtn Jam the last weekend in May. Long waits seem to be par for the course when dealing with these units, but your wait seems exceptionally long I must admit. Jerry works as a teacher in a school for the deaf so he doesn't get to work on them full time as would be the case in most situations I can say that. I hope you get yours soon because they are great pre-amps.

+T for your patience.  ;)

Hey guys - I know all about what Jerry does, etc.  We're all busy, I know, because I work a real job as well and have a couple hobbies/volunteer efforts on the side.  I have a message from Jerry saying he will complete it this weekend.  If it's not complete, and someone else's gets serviced, well that's reason to be upset and disappointed.  

I hope you do get your unit. I told Jerry that I don't need mine until Mar. 1st and if I get it before then I will be happy, so servicing my unit should not get in the way of completing yours.  ;)
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

Offline prof_peabody

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Team Houston
« Reply #242 on: January 31, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »
Well hopefully he can do both. Mine is just a repair as opposed to a full build. I'd also hope that he has some of yours done by now at least. September until Feb is a long time to wait, so I do understand your frustration. I had ordered mine on Mar. 17 St. Patricks day last year, I received it through much coercion the Thursday before I was to leave for Mtn Jam the last weekend in May. Long waits seem to be par for the course when dealing with these units, but your wait seems exceptionally long I must admit. Jerry works as a teacher in a school for the deaf so he doesn't get to work on them full time as would be the case in most situations I can say that. I hope you get yours soon because they are great pre-amps.

+T for your patience.  ;)

Hey guys - I know all about what Jerry does, etc.  We're all busy, I know, because I work a real job as well and have a couple hobbies/volunteer efforts on the side.  I have a message from Jerry saying he will complete it this weekend.  If it's not complete, and someone else's gets serviced, well that's reason to be upset and disappointed.  

I hope you do get your unit. I told Jerry that I don't need mine until Mar. 1st and if I get it before then I will be happy, so servicing my unit should not get in the way of completing yours.  ;)

Hey - I just wanted to make it clear - I'm not mad or upset at anyone on this list.  I hope all the other people who sent money or gear for service get what they need in a timely manner.  I guess the lesson is to push Jerry for a reasonable timeframe when you order.  Sorry if I brought too much negative energy in here.

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #243 on: January 31, 2008, 03:43:22 PM »
I would generally hope that repairs of existing units would take priority over building new units for new customers, fwiw..

As far as pushing him for deadlines... That's a big reason why I don't build stuff for folks. Too much pressure and hassle for not much money (when you figure out the $$/hour).  And then if you want to disappear for 6 weeks on vacation.....

Offline prof_peabody

• Team Houston
« Reply #244 on: January 31, 2008, 03:46:30 PM »
I would generally hope that repairs of existing units would take priority over building new units for new customers, fwiw..

In a normal case, I would agree.  If you promise someone it will be done, priorities should probably be rearranged.  I have experience in this with my job...

Offline Myco

« Reply #245 on: January 31, 2008, 04:34:19 PM »
I understand your frustration and I don't have a problem with what you said in this instance, fwiw. Normally I would agree with Freelunch regarding servicing existing units over new sales, but seeing that you've waited so long and the fact that I don't necessarily need mine for another month, I have no problem stepping back for a fellow taper. Good luck.  :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 04:36:36 PM by Myco »
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)

Offline prof_peabody

• Team Houston
« Reply #246 on: January 31, 2008, 04:47:35 PM »
I understand your frustration and I don't have a problem with what you said in this instance, fwiw. Normally I would agree with Freelunch regarding servicing existing units over new sales, but seeing that you've waited so long and the fact that I don't necessarily need mine for another month, I have no problem stepping back for a fellow taper. Good luck.  :)

I think I'm just going to keep quiet...  Fingers crossed that everything works out.

Offline Myco

« Reply #247 on: February 01, 2008, 08:29:21 AM »

I think I'm just going to keep quiet...  Fingers crossed that everything works out.

;)

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #248 on: February 01, 2008, 01:12:56 PM »
Last night's recording was successful.  Hiss inaudible at 30.  The Aerco certainly dominates to a point where a microphone's characteristics are on display strictly as "flavoring". 

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #249 on: February 08, 2008, 05:35:23 PM »
Just thinking out lout here...

I don't see any reason why the RCA's & the 1/8" stereo outputs couldn't be used at the same time.  Anyone tried or confirmed this?
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #250 on: February 08, 2008, 05:43:25 PM »
I don't see any reason why the RCA's & the 1/8" stereo outputs couldn't be used at the same time.  Anyone tried or confirmed this?

Yep, it is handy...  rca > 722 and 1/8 to r09.

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #251 on: February 08, 2008, 05:45:46 PM »

Awesome.  Thanks for the quick response.  Not like I can do anything with the info.  Don't have mine in hand....yet.   >:D
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

easy jim

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #252 on: February 08, 2008, 05:58:53 PM »

Awesome.  Thanks for the quick response.  Not like I can do anything with the info.  Don't have mine in hand....yet.   >:D

Double check when you receive yours: on mine, the polarity of the 1/8" mini output is inverted vis-a-vis the RCA outs.

Offline prof_peabody

• Team Houston
« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2008, 04:20:41 AM »
Damn these Aerco tapes are sweet.  I put a lot of pressure on Jerry to get it down for SXSW.  Picked it up at noon on Thursday - ran about 14 hours of music in 3 days.

:o

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #254 on: March 16, 2008, 06:47:23 AM »
I am still borrowing a broken XLR input Aerco MP2. I need to get that sucker fixed ASAP so I can put it to good use before I ship it back to Hawaii :) I bet it SMOKES w/ my MBHO's :) I borrowed mine for the RAQ NYE run and the XLR input broke before the opening band on 12/30, so needless to say, I didnt get to use it for one second of music :'(
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.105 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com