Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Nak CM-300's and Eveready 206 9V Electric General Purpose (C-Z) Battery -  (Read 7603 times)

Offline gdplusmore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
Nak users...just wondering if anyone else has had this problem ? I have been using the  Eveready 206 9V Electric General Purpose (C-Z) Battery - for the  many years with my Nak CM-300's. This week in preparation for some upcoming shows
next weekend, I orderd a fresh set of  Eveready 206 9V Electric General Purpose (C-Z) Battery - from Radio Shack...
The batteries I received, are to snug to fit the Nak body...the only way to get them in and out of the Cm-300 body
was to file the lip on the battery case down...I am hoping this was just a bad batch...if anyone knows of another
battery which fits the CM-300 body  better please let me know...

NAK CM-300's  -> CP4's,CP-3's,CP2's,CP1's ->SonyD5
NAKCM-300's ->  CP4's,CP-3's,CP2's,CP1's ->MX-100-->NJB3
NAK CM-100's  -> CP4's,CP-3's,CP2's,CP1's ->SonyD5
NAKCM-100's ->  CP4's,CP-3's,CP2's,CP1's ->MX-100-->NJB3
Sony PCM-M10  (looking at stealth mic options)

hexyjones

• Trade Count: (0)
How about Exell A 1611 ?

http://www.exellbattery.com/detail.asp?PID=A1611

They seem a perfect fit...

jimmc

I'm having fit issues w/ the Eveready 9v's that I just ordered in December also. I popped them in, now I cant get them out. I've gotta figure something out soon. I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else also... guess I know now.
Any ideas of how to get them out safely now that they are already "stuck" in there?
Jim

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
if the batteries just a bit tight, just slam the open end into the palm of your hand and that should get it loose. if it still won't come out enough to get ahold of it, do the same only hit the hand holding the body into your other hand. if for some reason this can't get it out, then you'll have to take the other end of the body off and push it out. if you need to go that far, you probly have some other issues then that will be appearent when you have it apart.
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline gdplusmore

• Taperssection Regular
Jim,

I feel your pain...this is what I had to do to get them out...

1. Remove any caps cp-1, cp-2 etc...
2. Get a soft piece of wood..cutting board..etc..
3. Tap the nak body down (top down ) onto the softwood to get the battery to move down..
4. use a metal dental pick to grab around the battery cas, pull out battery
5. You will notice the new batteries have a ridge in the case..(at the factory they did not wrap the case onto  the    battery well enoguh.
6. File the ridge down ..

hope it works for you...I paln to call radio shach and complain once I get a chance..

Best Regards

Brian
NAK CM-300's  -> CP4's,CP-3's,CP2's,CP1's ->SonyD5
NAKCM-300's ->  CP4's,CP-3's,CP2's,CP1's ->MX-100-->NJB3
NAK CM-100's  -> CP4's,CP-3's,CP2's,CP1's ->SonyD5
NAKCM-100's ->  CP4's,CP-3's,CP2's,CP1's ->MX-100-->NJB3
Sony PCM-M10  (looking at stealth mic options)

jimmc

Jim,

I feel your pain...this is what I had to do to get them out...

1. Remove any caps cp-1, cp-2 etc...
2. Get a soft piece of wood..cutting board..etc..
3. Tap the nak body down (top down ) onto the softwood to get the battery to move down..
4. use a metal dental pick to grab around the battery cas, pull out battery
5. You will notice the new batteries have a ridge in the case..(at the factory they did not wrap the case onto  the    battery well enoguh.
6. File the ridge down ..

hope it works for you...I paln to call radio shach and complain once I get a chance..

Best Regards

Brian

Thanks Brian & Admkrk, +T.
Jim

Offline Scooter

• Taperssection All-Star
I just tap down the seam area with a hammer(softly of course).  They never seem to fit from the factory.  After a little flattening of that seam, they come in/out easy.
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

hexyjones

I just tap down the seam area with a hammer(softly of course).  They never seem to fit from the factory.  After a little flattening of that seam, they come in/out easy.

must be a batch to batch thing...seems like I recall this being a problem as long as I can remember...Nak-wise...

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot

must be a batch to batch thing...seems like I recall this being a problem as long as I can remember...Nak-wise...

sounds like time for a test   :-\

and the results (out of 6) are:

1. (brand new) would have to wedge it in to keep it from falling out
  2.-5. a little tight, but not so much the spring won't push it up
  6. this one took some persuation

guess i got some good luck somewere   ;D 

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Needs to get out more...
I haven't had any trouble with my batteries.  They have been snug, but not tight enough to stick in the body.

Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

jimmc

I haven't had any trouble with my batteries.  They have been snug, but not tight enough to stick in the body.

The pair I used all last year was fine.  I had to buy new ones in December since I'm an idiot and left one on, in the body (which I dont ever do) for 2 days.  The new ones were tight when I put them in, but they didnt seem too awful bad. Now they are stuck. I'll try some of the suggestions posted.
Anyway, all Nak users, keep an eye out for this when you get your next batch of batts.
Jim

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
How about Exell A 1611 ?

http://www.exellbattery.com/detail.asp?PID=A1611

They seem a perfect fit...
I just got 2 of these. Will never use those "fat" Eveready's again. Everyone do yourself a favor and buy these Exell's, same price and nice loose fit.

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
Oh yea, and a big +T for corkscrew! ;D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 12:54:34 PM by ts »

hexyjones

One note about those batteries...take a look at the polarity...the nib is on the negative end...the positive end is flat...basically the opposite of most common AA, AAA batteries...

I ran mine with the polarity reversed at least once before I noticed...

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot

One note about those batteries...take a look at the polarity...the nib is on the negative end...the positive end is flat...basically the opposite of most common AA, AAA batteries...

I ran mine with the polarity reversed at least once before I noticed...

no pic available, but woudn't you just drop it in w/ the writing up?  or am i being too simple?   

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.109 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com