Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone familiar with using Logic Pro 9 to record?  (Read 1689 times)

Offline RemotelyLocated

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Anyone familiar with using Logic Pro 9 to record?
« on: October 18, 2013, 10:06:11 AM »
I have a basic setup I'm trying, 3 channels, no sends/effects or whatever.

I have the tracks setup, with inputs assigned as coming from my audio interface: 2 mics and the third channel is a line level plugged (vox coming from soundboard, say) into the back of the interface.

The audio interface groups the mic inputs as a "combined " 1-2 for routing purposes and similarly, the line level inputs as 3-4. I suppose this is all standard stuff.

Anyway, I told Logic to use only Input 1 for one track, Input 2 for another track, and Input 3 for the last track. Doing this means a unique mono source is going to each respective individual track, as God intended.

But Logic has a little button on the channel strip, that when you click it, toggles the input slot for that track to the combined 1-2 (or 3-4 for the last one). Doing this sends a blend of both mics to the single track, which is madness and prevents individual level adjustments between the two mics within Logic. Toggling the button again only offers Input 1, which means "mic 2" can't ever then be tracked by itself, because successive clicks of the button don't offer Input 2 as an option, as originally setup by me.

In other words I can set this all up as I like for recording and monitoring, but if I inadvertently hit that button I'm screwed and have to delete the track and create a new one, which would ruin the recording ... what am I missing here?

I've included a screen shot of how I have the channel striip setup, highlighting the area where the little button is, to the left of the input enable and record enable buttons.

Edit: in the screenshot, I have the vox track on Input 4 and set to output on both channels, but the situation is the same.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:45:46 AM by RemotelyLocated »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com