Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Problem with Sony Hi-MD  (Read 1908 times)

Offline SpareRibs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Problem with Sony Hi-MD
« on: December 22, 2005, 10:46:52 PM »
So I got a Sony MZ RH10 Hi MD recorder about a month ago and I've been using the same mini disc over and over again almost every day about 5 days a week. I use it to practice my singing, then I erase and rerecord.

After about a month, I noticed after about a minute after I hit record, the power goes off even when the unit is plugged in.

I then changed to another mini disc and recorded about 10 minutes of my singing and it was fine with no power loss (So Far)

My question is: is my first mini disc worn out?  I thought you can re record 1000 times. Maybe I got dust inside? Can a disc go bad after a little while and cause the MD player to shut down?

zowie

Re: Problem with Sony Hi-MD
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 10:17:17 AM »
Try reformatting, not just erasing, the disc.

It's possible the disc suffered physical damage somehow, although that's pretty rare with MDs.

Offline itook2much

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKA rspencer
    • my masters
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 03:55:47 PM »
Did you "erase" or did you "format"?

If you only erased, try formatting the disc & that may fix your problem.  If you're gonna use it that much, format instead of just erasing.  Formatting will more-or-less return it to its "new" state.

If that doesn't help, then the disc may have been damaged somehow.
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > CS BB > Edirol R-09

Backups:  DPA 4060 (1/8"), SP-BMC-2, SP-SPSB-6, Sony MZ-NH1

Quote from: tomluvsgiants
rule #1 - get the show taped
rule #2 - see rule #1    >:D

Quote from: Grace Hopper
“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”

nameloc01

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 02:12:58 AM »
you'll notice on the package for the discs themselves,it states(although exaggerated i'm sure) the discs can be reused 1,000,000 times.i'v never had that happen even after reusing discs many more times than that.sounds like the problem is elsewhere.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com