Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone know anything about this Fostex FR2 LE (previously FR3 LE)  (Read 107569 times)

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Retired Taper
Re: Anyone know anything about this Fostex FR3 LE
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2006, 09:04:37 AM »
Sorry if these pics have already been posted.  Didn't see them after a quick look.

If Doug can do his magic on this box to make it sound as good as the FR2, I can run line-in with an external pre, and the ADC is at or near the V3, this is going to be a sweet box.  If it sounds that good after Doug mods it, might not need a V3 at all.  Still want to be able to run the M148 in front though.  And, it's stealthable taboot.

edit:  I can't get this pic to link.  Click on this link & then click on the image to view the large size.

http://www.musik-service.de/fostex-fr-2-le-prx395756334de.aspx
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 09:09:25 AM by thegreatgumbino »
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2006, 02:18:04 AM »
internetvideomag.com article.  Gives clearer details on this unit.

http://www.internetvideomag.com/articles_1111.htm

Fostex FR-2LE Stereo Field Memory Recorder is the little brother to Fostex’s popular FR-2 digital field recorder.  The FR2-LE records Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) or MP3 files to affordable type II CompactFlash or Microdrive cards, at up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution. It features powerful on-board editing functions and a USB 2.0 port for high-speed file transfers to PC editing suites. Time stamping of .wav or MP3 files is provided; allowing for easy time alignment of audio files in Audio/Video software workstations.

This easy-to-use unit is equipped with two Mic/Line inputs (with phantom power) on Neutrik combo jacks, stereo RCA analog outputs and a 1/8" stereo headphone output with level control. The FR-2LE’s flexible powering options include: (4) "AA" batteries or a 12V DC input. The top panel has a large LCD display and transport and menu keys, & the front panel adds Rec/Standby controls, LED Metering and input trims. A wired remote control comes standard with every unit.

The Fostex FR-2LE’s combination of pro features and low $499.00 price makes this versatile recorder a top choice for Electronic News Gathering, location sound and live music applications.

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2006, 02:22:43 AM »
Oade Brothers have it listed on their site!  I informed Doug about the LE a couple of weeks ago.  He wasn't aware of it.  Sent him an email of our thread.  Now, it looks like he's all over it.  Yeah!       ;D

http://www.oade.com/

« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 02:29:40 AM by spyder9 »

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2006, 11:20:03 AM »
Oade Brothers have it listed on their site!  I informed Doug about the LE a couple of weeks ago.  He wasn't aware of it.  Sent him an email of our thread.  Now, it looks like he's all over it.  Yeah!       ;D

http://www.oade.com/

Sweet.  Now we just have to hope it is great out of the box, and he can work his magic on it to make it even better.
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2006, 06:48:20 PM »

Sweet.  Now we just have to hope it is great out of the box, and he can work his magic on it to make it even better.

If only he could add a digital in/out.   So I guess i'm still waiting for the perfect small bit bucket..................... :angry2:

Offline cd2go

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Strictly Slambovian
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2006, 05:08:59 PM »
B & H now states on their site http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=432017&is=REG&addedTroughType=search that the approximate arrival date for this unit is not until December  ???  I wonder if this means a delay across the board?

Offline Colin Liston

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2006, 06:21:44 PM »
B & H now states on their site http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=432017&is=REG&addedTroughType=search that the approximate arrival date for this unit is not until December  ???  I wonder if this means a delay across the board?

Maybe they are adding a digi I/O     ::)
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2006, 10:50:29 AM »
I bet they're working on improving the AA battery powering.  It has been big brother's (FR-2) bane.  When the FR2LE first debuted at Musikmesse in March of this year, the exhibitors released info that the FR2LE could run 8 hours with a Tamiya RC3600HV, Ni-MH battery (RC battery pack).  No mention of run-times for internal AA batteries.  Since then, some info has been released that the LE can run on AAs.  Nothing else.  No press releases either.  Internal powering has to be their main issue right now.  I can't see releasing the LE with the same powering issues as the FR2.  It would be a marketing disaster if they didn't address that.  Mentioning a RC battery pack is a red flag.  That's odd when compared to their competitors' internal powering solutions (AA's). 

If they're adding digi-in, I wonder if it requires a complete redesign.  Anybody know?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 12:09:23 PM by spyder9 »

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2006, 12:39:43 PM »
Where did you hear that Moke?  Got a link?

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2006, 02:56:45 PM »
Its the FR-2LE.  The thread was started with the wrong number.  Can you fix it?

Thanks for the link.  December would be fine with me.  I have a slew of shows lined up this fall.  I can wait till Xmas for a new toy.   :)

J.T.L

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Anyone know anything about this Fostex FR2 LE
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2006, 09:56:08 PM »
...Oade site now has it listed for December 2006.

Offline timP

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Anyone know anything about this Fostex FR3 LE (Previously FR2)
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2006, 02:15:26 PM »
bump....

any news?
shipping when?.....is the Dec date solid?

still looking towards this as a small/budget minded/all-in-1  24 bit box (as I cross my fingers)
?>FR2LE

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
Re: Anyone know anything about this Fostex FR2 LE (previously FR3 LE)
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2006, 02:14:39 PM »
Delayed till January '07.  ::)   See John Willett's most recent remarks at the bottom

http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=MRT&Number=280323&fpart=

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2006, 02:29:46 PM »
Delayed till January '07.  ::)   See John Willett's most recent remarks at the bottom

http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=MRT&Number=280323&fpart=

Disappointing still that there is no digi input. 

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2006, 03:48:14 PM »
This will be a hot item:  those who want an all-in-one 24 bit box that yields a small footprint.  And it will be way smaller than the P2 and the 671.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com