Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone run Peluso cemc6 > HDP2 or ACM 671 ?  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Tye

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • No news is good gnews without Gary Gnu
Anyone run Peluso cemc6 > HDP2 or ACM 671 ?
« on: February 10, 2007, 02:54:44 PM »
I am considering selling my bm2p+ jb3 combo and going to an all in one box

I have been reading every thread I can find on either unit. I am finding that
mostly everyone prefrers a pre in front .

This really confuses me. Why spend money on a mod  just to use it as a bit bucket? 

I would like to run my peluso cemc6's with hyrdas > all in one, anyone here run a similar rig without
a pre in front and get good results.

Any other options in this price range without stepping up to an mod R4 ?
Peluso cemc6/ck-21/ck-4 > Karma K10mp > Hydra's > Sound Devices MP-2> Buman T mod R4 - R9HR

Offline sam

• Getting out as much as I can
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Anyone run Peluso cemc6 > HDP2 or ACM 671 ?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 04:38:30 PM »
Don't run the cemc6s but run the MBHOs>ACM671 and actually do prefer it to the HOs>V2>stock 671.  The sound is fuller and the bag is lighter. IMHO. I ran OSFT last week and was blown away. Plan on doing Larry Keel tonight
AKG480/61/63->Audio Magic X-Stream->Marantz ACM671

J.T.L

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 08:03:14 PM »
I ran Pelusos > ACM P2 and liked it alot. Now that Doug offers a transparent P2 mod that would fit the Pelusos better than a warmer mod esp if you are coming from a bm2p+ like I was too. To my ears these mics sound better with a transparent backend...but that is to my ears.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 08:05:09 PM by J.T.L »

J.T.L

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 08:10:28 PM »
Don't run the cemc6s but run the MBHOs>ACM671 and actually do prefer it to the HOs>V2>stock 671.  The sound is fuller and the bag is lighter. IMHO. I ran OSFT last week and was blown away. Plan on doing Larry Keel tonight

...i'll buy that V2 from you if you don't use it anymore. ;)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 01:19:13 AM »
I have been reading every thread I can find on either unit. I am finding that mostly everyone prefrers a pre in front .

This really confuses me. Why spend money on a mod  just to use it as a bit bucket?

Running a preamp in front of the HD-P2 or 671 doesn't make it a bit-bucket.  The signal still passes through the HD-P2 / 671 analog stage (modded) and these units still perform ADC.  Since the signal still passes through the MODs, they should still help reduce self-noise, increase detail, and impart sonic characteristics to the signal (though probably less of the MODs sonic characteristics than when using higher gain on the HD-P2 / 671).
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 01:37:57 AM »
I just picked up a ACM-P2 (soon to be delivered)...  I had to sell the WMod+ to get it, but one day I hope to get it back so I can run it in front of the ACM.

Its all about options.  With those 2 devices, I could run w/o the WMod+, with the WMod+ as a pre (analog out), or with the WMod+ as a full pre>ADC (SPDIF out).  With the 3 options, I imagine I'll get slightly different results.  Its should be fun to play with!!! 

You're right, there's no "real" reason to get a ACM if you plan to use it as a SPDIF bit bucket, but with this hobby, are any of us really living in reality?!?  Its all fancy toys!!!  The more buttons and mods and tweeks, the better!!!

I gave the 671 vs P2 long thought.  I like the Marantz a lot and thought of going that way first.  But the display on the P2 won me over.  The ACM-P2 is a "Warm" and there is now a "Trans" P2 (cheaper than the ACM), or at least that's how Doug explained it to me last week. 

I went with the ACM since I liked the WMod+ with my TLs.  But if you like the TMod you should go with the TCM-P2...  Or the Busman-P2 in a few months???  I've heard he's working on P2 mods...

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline sam

• Getting out as much as I can
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 12:06:01 PM »

...i'll buy that V2 from you if you don't use it anymore. ;)

Sorry still need the V2 for the 4 mic matrrixs we pull at a local club.
AKG480/61/63->Audio Magic X-Stream->Marantz ACM671

Offline Tye

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • No news is good gnews without Gary Gnu
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 12:26:38 PM »
I have been reading every thread I can find on either unit. I am finding that mostly everyone prefrers a pre in front .

Running a preamp in front of the HD-P2 or 671 doesn't make it a bit-bucket.  The signal still passes through the HD-P2 / 671 analog stage (modded) and these units still perform ADC.  Since the signal still passes through the MODs, they should still help reduce self-noise, increase detail, and impart sonic characteristics to the signal (though probably less of the MODs sonic characteristics than when using higher gain on the HD-P2 / 671).

Thanks Brian I thought that adc was bypassed completley with a pre in front. That is nice to know.

Now the Bm2 mod R4 has come into the picture.  Damn tax refund time.

Terry  I know what you mean by the P2 display it is very nice and uncluttered.  What draws me to the R$ is of course 4 channels and an on board HD and it's display is pretty spiffy as well.

Thanks for the info guys I will let you know which way I go

Peluso cemc6/ck-21/ck-4 > Karma K10mp > Hydra's > Sound Devices MP-2> Buman T mod R4 - R9HR

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com