Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Ultimate Remote Power Setup  (Read 3014 times)

Offline eman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Return of the Shredi
Ultimate Remote Power Setup
« on: April 23, 2007, 09:20:16 PM »
I was at our local Earth Day festivities, and the stage was powered with this unit. It is 15kW of hydrogen fuel cells- completely silent. It was hooked up to a tank of hydrogen. The man said it was a cool $20K, so for now the Wal Mart Lion battery will have to do.

These guys were some pretty hot bluegrass- Whiplash.

Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Ultimate Remote Power Setup
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 11:14:04 PM »
I was at our local Earth Day festivities, and the stage was powered with this unit. It is 15kW of hydrogen fuel cells- completely silent. It was hooked up to a tank of hydrogen. The man said it was a cool $20K, so for now the Wal Mart Lion battery will have to do.

Well, think of all the recorders and gear you could run off it.  And, you can tow it behind your car!   
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 11:26:49 PM »
I will buy that for you if you can carry it up the stairs all the way up to the Section at Red Rocks!
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline eman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Return of the Shredi
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 10:47:08 AM »
On TS, I guess I should say *ONLY* $20,000!
The technology was pretty simple- two flat thin mazes made of carbon fiber separated by a membrane. When the hydrogen ions move through the membrane under pressure, they leave behind their electron. I don't know if it's really that simple but that's how the guy explained it to me.
Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • lost cause
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 11:31:54 AM »
that's sweet, not only carbon friendly but audio as well :)
this past weekend they had a huge generator running about that size no less than 20 feet away from the stage... It wasn't loud but I noticed it. I have no clue why they decided to put it there and not someplace else..
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline rowjimmy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • rowjimmy.com
    • Row Knows
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 01:05:15 PM »
On TS, I guess I should say *ONLY* $20,000!
The technology was pretty simple- two flat thin mazes made of carbon fiber separated by a membrane. When the hydrogen ions move through the membrane under pressure, they leave behind their electron. I don't know if it's really that simple but that's how the guy explained it to me.

Let us know when you knock one together...
Bandcamp | Host of The Brokedown Podcast
mic > wires > recorder

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 01:11:06 PM »
HHmmm?  DIY hydrogen generator might be just a little too big and dangerous for my work shop...
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline gratefulphish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 04:21:42 PM »
They might have needed a unit that size to power the whole stage, but considering our relatively minimal power needs, they should be able to come up with a stealth unit easily.  Might need to tell security you have respritory issues, and need to pull your tank of "oxygen" inside with you.   8)
4 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>SD 722   2 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>Lunatec V3>SD 722
               Linked to Lunatec V3>MT 24/96                                     (Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects)     

Other gear: AKG C451Es, Tascam DA-P1, Sony D-8

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com