Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: My Mictrotracker just died! firmware 1.4.6  (Read 6323 times)

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: My Mictrotracker just died! firmware 1.4.6
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 02:02:17 PM »
With this new firmware I do not need to press REC twice to start recording. For me there were more error messages using the old firmware - like media full or not the correct speed.

You don't have to push record twice with firmware 1.4.3 .

It depends on your CF card.  My original Kingston 45x card works without a glitch, as does my Hitachi microdrive.  My newer Kingston 45x card (which I really was the same as the earlier Kingston card) probably at least half the time comes up with "Media Full" when I first press record, even though I've just formatted the card.  Then I need to hit record a second time, and it all works fine -- no "Media Full" messages.

I'm still on 1.4.3.  When I stop being lazy, I'm going to upgrade to 1.4.5, which I hope will stop the media full messages and allow me to record just be hitting the record button once.
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline svenkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 03:36:03 PM »
yeah, My old kingston 4g 45x card records wikth just one hit, but my new kingston 4g 45x card always says media full so I hit record twice and it works, kind of funny. Hopefully when  my new MT shows up, it wont die when I up the new firmware to it, lol
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline hawghunter

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2007, 05:04:15 PM »
they should send you a brand new one, and it will have all the latest firmware on it. the reason i know this is because the exact same thing happened to me. i was uning the transend 8gb cf card though. they were rather nice about everything even got it shipped out sooner with a little sweet talking. +t for your troubles
ISO: NIRVANA :), 8/15/91 - The Roxy

930's > MMe

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2007, 05:14:42 PM »
they should send you a brand new one, and it will have all the latest firmware on it. the reason i know this is because the exact same thing happened to me. i was uning the transend 8gb cf card though. they were rather nice about everything even got it shipped out sooner with a little sweet talking. +t for your troubles

nice! it will have the firmware already on it, that great!
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 06:48:41 PM »
yes! just got my new MT in the mail, and its got the 1.4.6 in it!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com