Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Interconnect question

(1/2) > >>

nickgregory:
So Daryan was kind enough to make me a set of 20 ft right angle cables (Thanks Daryan!), and when I go to plug them into the MP-2, the screws on the side of the right angle housing make the connector two wide for 2 to plug into the mp-2 at once.  

My question is, if I was to get a set of 1 ft, straight xlr interconnects, plugging one end into the mp-2 and the other into the end of the mic 20 foot cables...would I have any issues?  In theory, I would assume now, but I figured I would ask the experts here....basically from a sound perspective, phantomr power perspective..etc....

Any opinions?

Nick

F.O.Bean:

--- Quote from: nickgregory on September 05, 2003, 08:49:00 PM ---So Daryan was kind enough to make me a set of 20 ft right angle cables (Thanks Daryan!), and when I go to plug them into the MP-2, the screws on the side of the right angle housing make the connector two wide for 2 to plug into the mp-2 at once.  

My question is, if I was to get a set of 1 ft, straight xlr interconnects, plugging one end into the mp-2 and the other into the end of the mic 20 foot cables...would I have any issues?  In theory, I would assume now, but I figured I would ask the experts here....basically from a sound perspective, phantomr power perspective..etc....

Any opinions?

Nick

--- End quote ---

as long as theyre all balanced cables, i dont see it hurting anything......its just ONE more connection, but you shuld be phine... ;D

nickgregory:
that was kind of my thought.....thanks Bean...

anyone else want to throw an opinion in here??

<I dont want to give up these cool looking purple cables 8) - amd the right angle connectors are sweet for setup...alot less of an eyesore!>

nickgregory:

--- Quote from: m0k3 on September 05, 2003, 09:07:32 PM ---Nick,

In my classical recording I commonly run a set of 50' cables connected to a set of 25' cables. If its balanced, your good.

--- End quote ---

Cool..thanks guys...exactly what I need to hear! +T

John R:
no problem

jr

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version