Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Is Anybody Else...? (Church Audio content)  (Read 16646 times)

Offline HarpDoc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Is Anybody Else...? (Church Audio content)
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2009, 03:08:39 PM »
Can the CA-14 cards come mounted in Croakies?

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2009, 03:38:36 PM »

I think they a little on the big side for croakies with the attached windscreen. I collar mount mine when I need to be discreet.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2009, 04:48:57 PM »
And for a swedish taper, with medium knowledge in the english language, by "collar mount" the CA-14 you mean put them around your neck on the top of your shirt? Pointing upwards/out?  ???

The sample I put out just before is also recorded that way... the CA-11 mounted on shirt-collar. Place was packed the taper said, can't really tell... love those Church...  :P

Offline Belexes

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2009, 05:02:20 PM »
Without getting too specific in the open....mics attached to clothing above the shoulders.

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2009, 01:48:58 AM »
okidoki... Please, anyone having samples of rock/hardrock/metal PLEASE leave samples recorded with the CA-14... PLEEEASE  >:D

Offline Belexes

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2009, 07:59:59 AM »
okidoki... Please, anyone having samples of rock/hardrock/metal PLEASE leave samples recorded with the CA-14... PLEEEASE  >:D

I taped this show, VERY loud. I used ear plugs:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?returnto=%2Faccount-cp.php&id=240104

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2009, 09:02:09 AM »

I taped this show, VERY loud. I used ear plugs:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?returnto=%2Faccount-cp.php&id=240104

Thanks man! Sounds very good, even though it's lacking some highs, I guess you also had them clipped on your collar and there were people in front of you, right?

This sounds so natural it's unbelievable!

Any more taped shows, other than the Skids? (Except for Adler's appetite etc that is already on dimeadozen)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 09:25:51 AM by jontebus »

Offline Belexes

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2009, 09:55:04 AM »
^That's about it for hard rock. I also taped Yes with the CA-14's:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?returnto=%2Faccount-cp.php%3Fpage%3D1&id=225160

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2009, 02:18:52 PM »
OK, so I've snatched up quite many samples now, done with the Church CA-14, and I must say it sounds very good. But the bass is a bit boomy on many of the recordings... also they seem to suffer from loss of high end (it has been stated the opposite on this site for instance, that they go deeper AND higher than the CA-11. What's the deal here? Do I need some sort of bassfilter anyway? Does the CA-14 suffer from having the windshield on at all times?

Hoping for Chris' return to the board soon, needs anwers to these questions so I can sell my DSM's and buy a pair of Church... I believe!!!  ^-^

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2009, 11:37:27 AM »
OK, so I've snatched up quite many samples now, done with the Church CA-14, and I must say it sounds very good. But the bass is a bit boomy on many of the recordings... also they seem to suffer from loss of high end (it has been stated the opposite on this site for instance, that they go deeper AND higher than the CA-11. What's the deal here? Do I need some sort of bassfilter anyway? Does the CA-14 suffer from having the windshield on at all times?

Hoping for Chris' return to the board soon, needs anwers to these questions so I can sell my DSM's and buy a pair of Church... I believe!!!  ^-^

The bass is lower on the ca-14 the high end is more extended on the ca-14 but not every venue is going to sound great. Its very hard to know what was going on in a venue that a band was recorded in unless you were there. I dont want to sound like I am defending my product. I think like any mic if placement is off the recording will sound bad. And yes I am back :)

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2009, 12:14:33 PM »

The bass is lower on the ca-14 the high end is more extended on the ca-14 but not every venue is going to sound great. Its very hard to know what was going on in a venue that a band was recorded in unless you were there. I dont want to sound like I am defending my product. I think like any mic if placement is off the recording will sound bad. And yes I am back :)

Chris

Hi Chris, and welcome back! Hope all has gone well with the move?

Of course one cannot know what went on at every show, and as I have stated before: each venue + taper's experience will determine the most for the results anyway... I'm quite confident that I can get great results with the CA-11 to start with, since I have at least 17 years of training with stealthrecording...

Chris: You've recommended a batterybox with the mics - since I'm recording loud shows (although you still haven't convinced me of that fact, since they only allow 100dB at shows in Sweden nowdays... - but you said that IS loud so I'll believe you ;o)) Which batterybox should that be? What would the total cost be with that batterybox + CA-11 cardioids shipped to Sweden? Building-time? What way do you prefer I'd pay? Paypal?

Please PM me and we can arrange for an order shortly, ok?

Later
/Jonas "jontebus" Karlsson

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2009, 02:02:05 PM »

I think they a little on the big side for croakies with the attached windscreen. I collar mount mine when I need to be discreet.

Inside the liner of a baseball hat (where it folds up inside the hat) also works great and it is 100% undetectable. I don't find that the material of the hat makes an audible difference to the sound.
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2009, 02:40:49 PM »

Inside the liner of a baseball hat (where it folds up inside the hat) also works great and it is 100% undetectable. I don't find that the material of the hat makes an audible difference to the sound.

You got a picture showing just this?  :-\

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2009, 03:12:47 PM »

Yes, I can email you one.

Send your email to fmaderjr@comcast.net

I may need to reply tomorrow. Will be going out for evening shortly.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 03:17:01 PM by fmaderjr »
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2009, 03:32:15 PM »

Yes, I can email you one.

Send your email to fmaderjr@comcast.net

I may need to reply tomorrow. Will be going out for evening shortly.

You have email  ;)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com