Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Some mic measurements, now with graphs  (Read 16514 times)

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
Re: Some mic measurements, now with graphs
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2010, 03:29:27 PM »
I can see the post police are watching my every move :)

"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2010, 09:22:44 PM »
I want to apologize to everyone that I have offended. I really should not have said anything, I am sorry. Its not a big deal if the tests are not 100% perfect very few tests in reality are. Anyway that's all I wanted to say. I would still like to be in the circle of trust.   ;)
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2010, 01:59:28 AM »
I want to apologize to everyone that I have offended. I really should not have said anything, I am sorry. Its not a big deal if the tests are not 100% perfect very few tests in reality are. Anyway that's all I wanted to say. I would still like to be in the circle of trust.   ;)

haha, things like this don't bother me as long as people explain things and are civil. My only point to try and take you to ask was on the metric issue and you finally spoke on that point so my checklist was resolved.

no worries (to me at any rate), we've done worse here...
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2010, 12:28:47 PM »
Chris is there any chance you will publish the graphs for your mics?  Ya know now that we are all in the circle of trust and all.

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2010, 10:50:50 AM »
Chris is there any chance you will publish the graphs for your mics?  Ya know now that we are all in the circle of trust and all.
lol I am really flattered, I am in the circle of trust. I am actually still working on publishing graphs of my mics.. Because I do want to get it right I have posted a few graphs in the past. I don't want to mislead anyone by publishing things that are not 100% correct. I am actually going to build a test chamber that will be good down to 100hz. I am also going to be taking my mics to an independent lab the NRC. To get individual mic response tests done but its very expensive almost $3,000 per session.

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2010, 04:16:22 PM »
I seem to remember an article where the person ran the mics not only outside, but also on a tower they constructed high over the ground to get near perfect acoustics!  I can just see some geeks like us climbing a tower somewhere late at night...

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2010, 09:57:21 PM »
I seem to remember an article where the person ran the mics not only outside, but also on a tower they constructed high over the ground to get near perfect acoustics!  I can just see some geeks like us climbing a tower somewhere late at night...

Richard

The best way to test is with the speaker on the ground facing up.. The mic can be suspended at least 10 feet from the ground.. The speaker needs to be baffled. So that there are no wrap around reflections allowed to hit the ground.. Or a tower that is at least 10 feet off the ground and as small of a foot print as possible to avoid reelections. When I worked for a speaker company here in Canada as a lab technician measuring loudspeakers. We had an arm that was attached to the side of the building and it was about 15 feet off the ground x 40 feet long to avoid reflections.. The huge problem with outside tests is WIND.... :) There is no getting around the wind issue. It effects your measurements big time.. If you look on the earthworks website they have an interesting paper on how they measure the mics they sell.. Pretty interesting.. They are using the spark gap method and speakers.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com