Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKG goes to china  (Read 14285 times)

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: AKG goes to china
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 08:07:26 PM »
 Some of yall are wound way too tight. They are only microphones for goodness sake.  ;D Varying opinions are good things! Even if the opinion doesnt paralell your own. Though I am sure AKG would be touched by the  loyalty. (or not) :P

Quote from:  Chris "I am Audiophile Incarnate" Church
Ted Some of the best sounding mics I have ever heard for under $1,000 come from China. Better get used to it. Half of the electronics made now are comming from China. China is the new Japan and the quality is just as good as Germany for some products.

Chris Church
Point me to em. Im all ears! were all the mics and cables burned in before you heard them??and were the preamps all class A??if not, dont want to hear it.  :P

« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 08:23:52 PM by Teddy »

Offline Wiggler

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 09:22:24 PM »
You know years ago everyone swore that Americans made the best cars and the world was going to hell and a handbasket once the Germans and Japanese came on to the scene.  "Nothing like an American car" , "They're using cheaper parts and cheaper labor"   Whatever!

Carl Benz of Mercedes Benz built his first production car the Benz velo in 1894.
BMW started building cars in 1928 and Porsche in 1948.
Arguably some of the finest cars ever made.

Daimler Chrysler is fully German owned.
GM posted a first quarter loss of 323 million in 2006 and it's bonds have a junk rating.
Ford posted a first quarter loss of 1.19 Billion and also has a junk bond rating.
I'll take a German car over American made any day of the week.

The Japanese surpassed the American automakers in worldwide auto sales a long time ago.
Last year the Japanese even topped the US automakers for the first time in the United States market for sales.
It's only a matter of time before Toyota surpasses GM as the largest automaker.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 10:26:52 AM by Wiggler »

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 10:18:47 AM »

Ted Some of the best sounding mics I have ever heard for under $1,000 come from China. Better get used to it. Half of the electronics made now are comming from China. China is the new Japan and the quality is just as good as Germany for some products.

Chris Church

Chris,

Your best post ever.  I think 50% of everything I own was "Made in China".  And I didn't plan it it that way  ;) 

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 10:20:55 AM »
Some of yall are wound way too tight. They are only microphones for goodness sake.  ;D Varying opinions are good things! Even if the opinion doesnt paralell your own. Though I am sure AKG would be touched by the  loyalty. (or not) :P

Quote from:  Chris "I am Audiophile Incarnate" Church

Chris Church
Point me to em. Im all ears! were all the mics and cables burned in before you heard them??and were the preamps all class A??if not, dont want to hear it.  :P

Its your AKG-bashing thread.  Bite the bullet.   8) 

Offline MarkE

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 10:42:37 AM »
If it allows some new blood to enter the taping world because the price is right then so be it.  Taping does not start for most people at $1000 for a pair of mics.  Also remember that we are low on the food chain for manufacturers like AKG, MG and the like.  Musicians and studios put food on their table first. 

GREAT post OFO...
  The 1st thing I did when I saw this thread is copied the link and sent it to my brother, who has recently been bitten by the taping bug, and wants a nice cheap beginner setup... 2 of these 2000's, 48v ps, my extra Zefiro inbox and an Iriver and hes set for what? 6or 7 hundred dollars? I bet that would sound excellent for that cash.... Now if he would just pry open his wallet! +T
Mark E
open: Dpa 4022 > Naiant Midbox> Edirol R-09hr or iRiver H120
Stealth : Sonic Studios DSM-6S > Custom Battery Box> Edirol R-09hr
Stealth : Nevaton MCE400 > Naiant Tinybox > Edirol R-09hr

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
    • Homepage
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 11:25:22 AM »
is it "trust your ears" or is it "trust the country of manufacture"? 

I think it's these two in particular. I'm sorry, but I don't agree with all the outsourcing and I don't give two rats asses how good Chinese products have become, they still aren't there when it comes to fit and finish, and QC. I would much rather see my hard earned $US dollar spent somewhere in North America, but if that isn't an option, then I'll take Europe. Call it what you want, but if I have the choice between two products one made in the US and one made in China, I'll buy the US model any day of the week. Why? Because I don't want only some crappy min. wage service jobs being the only thing left here. Yes, we live in a world economy and that's great. But when that country owns such a huge part of our debt (I won't go down that politically charged road), it should be causing people concerns. It should also concern people that their human rights policies are questionable (not that ours haven't been particularly in light of 9/11), and we continue to support violations in child and prison workers rights when we toss so much money their way.

I look in my garage and I look at my choice of woodworking tools, what do I see? Several Milwaukee power tools made either in the US or Europe, a Delta table saw made in the US, and two Grizzly power tools made in Taiwan (and you're not going to find anything but Chinese made drill presses anymore). When I look at my recording gear, I see nothing but US made products. And not only do I think I made the choices based on what was right for my needs and ears, but yes, also where it was made and I'm not ashamed to say that. If you want to support Chinese products, knock yourself out, but then don't complain when you hear of another 10,000 jobs being lost to India or China. They are being outsourced because we're letting them, because of our choice in products. Companies wouldn't outsource if they thought customers would stop buying the product. I simply put my money where my mouth is...

-Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 11:29:19 AM »
is it "trust your ears" or is it "trust the country of manufacture"?

I think it's these two in particular. I'm sorry, but I don't agree with all the outsourcing and I don't give two rats asses how good Chinese products have become, they still aren't there when it comes to fit and finish, and QC. I would much rather see my hard earned $US dollar spent somewhere in North America, but if that isn't an option, then I'll take Europe. Call it what you want, but if I have the choice between two products one made in the US and one made in China, I'll buy the US model any day of the week. Why? Because I don't want only some crappy min. wage service jobs being the only thing left here. Yes, we live in a world economy and that's great. But when that country owns such a huge part of our debt (I won't go down that politically charged road), it should be causing people concerns. It should also concern people that their human rights policies are questionable (not that ours haven't been particularly in light of 9/11), and we continue to support violations in child and prison workers rights when we toss so much money their way.

I look in my garage and I look at my choice of woodworking tools, what do I see? Several Milwaukee power tools made either in the US or Europe, a Delta table saw made in the US, and two Grizzly power tools made in Taiwan (and you're not going to find anything but Chinese made drill presses anymore). When I look at my recording gear, I see nothing but US made products. And not only do I think I made the choices based on what was right for my needs and ears, but yes, also where it was made and I'm not ashamed to say that. If you want to support Chinese products, knock yourself out, but then don't complain when you hear of another 10,000 jobs being lost to India or China. They are being outsourced because we're letting them, because of our choice in products. Companies wouldn't outsource if they thought customers would stop buying the product. I simply put my money where my mouth is...

-Wayne

Where were the clothes made?  The shirt you're wearing right now?  Sneakers?   China is everywhere.   ;)

Offline Brian

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 11:44:55 AM »
2 billion people can't be wrong!  :P

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 11:48:26 AM »
Where were the clothes made?  The shirt you're wearing right now?  Sneakers?   China is everywhere.   ;)

Shirt: Canada ;-)
Pants: US
Shoes: China  (I can only think of one running shoe made in the US and only certain models)

But my point is, when I have a choice, I try to make a choice that supports things made in North America.

Wayne

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006, 12:06:46 PM »

That doesn't make it okay to sell out your country.

Agreed.  Unfortunately, DC politicains don't think that way.  When I was a kid, there were tariffs on everything that was foreign made.  Everything.  Now, I look over my shoulder, and I see BMW building cars in South Carolina.  Tariffs?  (shrugs) 

Offline rowjimmy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • rowjimmy.com
    • Row Knows
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 11:56:14 AM »
It is just a sad trend, Bean.Cheap chinese stuff. (remember Oktava?)

back on-topic...
Oktava's are still made in Russia.
anything Chinese that says Oktava is not Oktava.

http://oktava.tula.net/news/reliz_eng.htm
http://oktava.tula.net/fake/
Bandcamp | Host of The Brokedown Podcast
mic > wires > recorder

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2006, 12:38:43 PM »
back on-topic...
Oktava's are still made in Russia.
anything Chinese that says Oktava is not Oktava.

http://oktava.tula.net/news/reliz_eng.htm
http://oktava.tula.net/fake/

Now I've seen it all... Inexpensive mics, counterfeited. Makes you wonder what they were thinking.

Wayne

RebelRebel

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2006, 12:44:35 PM »
well, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, isnt it?

Offline Teen Wolf Blitzer

• It's all ballbearings these days.
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • I am Rattus Norvegicus.
    • Support Festival Radio
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 01:09:44 PM »
Plain and simple...AKG rules.  And don't forget it.   >:D

Offline TNJazz

• Ninja
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • "Those who know, know."
    • NINJA DYNAMITE
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2006, 02:12:50 PM »
Plain and simple...AKG rules.  And don't forget it.   >:D

Rules what?  The cheap Chinese condenser market?   ::)
Check out my band!  --> http://www.ninjadynamite.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.165 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com