Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: loud concerts and a cheap mic  (Read 11792 times)

Offline T-90

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • ya aint gotta do what ya aint gotta do
Re: loud concerts and a cheap mic
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2006, 02:46:45 PM »
Just got back from taping (part) of the performance of Therapy? with my new church-audio st-9100 + cardoids

The sound was pretty loud (could feel the bass all over my body). But no distortion!

Messed around during some songs to find good levels, chose some very safe settings.
I discovered that this setup has quite a bit of headroom level-wise.

I ran without the bass roll-off and the amount of bass is just perfect.

Sound quality is hard to judge as the show's PA sound was pretty lousy :( But it sounds pretty good.

I also found out I have a crackling contact between st9100 and iriver, but it looks to be oxidation on the connector (phew).

thanks all for helping, first real test will be next weekend :)

i ran these mics>st-9100>jb3 along with my open rig spc4's>ps2/ad20>jb3 last weekend....the c4's were ran x/y and the church audio mics were ran a/b with no bass roll off.....the mics were about 8' in the air about 25' from the stage.....the results made me very happy with the church audio setup....i ALMOST had to make sure that the clip i was working with was in fact from the church audio mics and not my c4's.....and talk about headroom, i had the st-9100 all the way at +20db and had the jb3 maxed at +12db for a portion of the show and although on spectrum it looks like almost constant brickwall/clipping, there was very little distortion.....dont mean to beat a dead horse here, but these mics are a steal at the price.....now if i could just get my windscreens in the mail :) 
"I dont sing...I dont dance...and I dont like to be around anyone who does" D.Letterman
DPA 4023, AT4051a, AT4053a
Countryman B3, AT853(4.7k,c,sc,h)
V3, FP24, Bm2p+ UA5, ST9100
OCM Edirol R-44, Sony PCM-M10

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2006, 02:57:42 PM »
Just for that I am sending you a free pair of windscreens :)  :P

Just got back from taping (part) of the performance of Therapy? with my new church-audio st-9100 + cardoids

The sound was pretty loud (could feel the bass all over my body). But no distortion!

Messed around during some songs to find good levels, chose some very safe settings.
I discovered that this setup has quite a bit of headroom level-wise.

I ran without the bass roll-off and the amount of bass is just perfect.

Sound quality is hard to judge as the show's PA sound was pretty lousy :( But it sounds pretty good.

I also found out I have a crackling contact between st9100 and iriver, but it looks to be oxidation on the connector (phew).

thanks all for helping, first real test will be next weekend :)

i ran these mics>st-9100>jb3 along with my open rig spc4's>ps2/ad20>jb3 last weekend....the c4's were ran x/y and the church audio mics were ran a/b with no bass roll off.....the mics were about 8' in the air about 25' from the stage.....the results made me very happy with the church audio setup....i ALMOST had to make sure that the clip i was working with was in fact from the church audio mics and not my c4's.....and talk about headroom, i had the st-9100 all the way at +20db and had the jb3 maxed at +12db for a portion of the show and although on spectrum it looks like almost constant brickwall/clipping, there was very little distortion.....dont mean to beat a dead horse here, but these mics are a steal at the price.....now if i could just get my windscreens in the mail :) 
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline T-90

• Trade Count: (7)
  • ya aint gotta do what ya aint gotta do
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2006, 06:09:19 PM »
Just for that I am sending you a free pair of windscreens :)  :P

thank you kind sir....i was thinking the fine mail carriers in canada had a beef with me :)  the screens will complete the package and again i cant be happier with the church audio products i own guys
"I dont sing...I dont dance...and I dont like to be around anyone who does" D.Letterman
DPA 4023, AT4051a, AT4053a
Countryman B3, AT853(4.7k,c,sc,h)
V3, FP24, Bm2p+ UA5, ST9100
OCM Edirol R-44, Sony PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com