Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Marantz PMD-661 MKIII: USB file transfer too slow  (Read 2152 times)

Offline JK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Marantz PMD-661 MKIII: USB file transfer too slow
« on: June 22, 2020, 09:18:36 AM »
Hello!

I think I can add the USB problem to the long list of known issues of the Marantz PMD-661 MKIII:

Audio files are transfered too slowly (0 - 1.500 kb/s instead of 30.000+ kb/s, USB 2.0) to my laptop if I connect the unit with usb cable. The device description is "Marantz PMD561" and not "Marantz PMD661" (USBDeview).

If you have any experience with this problem please send a message.

It's a new unit. I am using a laptop with Windows 10 (all USB devices work well except the PMD-661).

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: Marantz PMD-661 MKIII: USB file transfer too slow
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 09:50:15 AM »

I have never used USB to transfer files off a recorder (except the Edirol R4 hard disc deck that was the only option)  it's always been slow with every one I've ever had.

Why not just remove the SD card and take the files off that way?
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline JK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Marantz PMD-661 MKIII: USB file transfer too slow
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 01:54:10 PM »

I have never used USB to transfer files off a recorder (except the Edirol R4 hard disc deck that was the only option)  it's always been slow with every one I've ever had.

Why not just remove the SD card and take the files off that way?

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, you can remove the SD Card and read the WAV files with the card reader of a laptop or a PC. But the flap of the card compartment is out of plastic and not very stable.

I solved the problem with a new SD Card (read speed up to 95 MB/s). The Kingston SD Card supplied in the box seems to be too slow.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com