Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Shareware/Freeware for DVD editing or vid/aud muxing?  (Read 2041 times)

Offline timP

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Shareware/Freeware for DVD editing or vid/aud muxing?
« on: March 18, 2005, 09:22:41 PM »
I checked on sourceforge and found some stuff that looks promising...
virtual dub seems to be fine for editing...

any downsides that I should be looking for or advice on good programs?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 09:24:28 PM by tpoff »
?>FR2LE

Offline hyperplane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Shareware/Freeware for DVD editing or vid/aud muxing?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 04:19:28 AM »
are you wanting to simply sync up new audio sources for videos that have (lesser quality) audio in the first place?

or are you wanting to do more "editing" type stuff? like mixing several video sources together, making "fancy" transitions, yada yada?

if you just want simple (i.e. set an IN point and an OUT point, be able to trim video a bit), then VirtualDub should do fine. only problem is - IMO - it doesn't like AVI type 2 files, which is what i capture my footage to so i can edit in Premiere. (and yes, i know there's a work-around for editing type 2 AVIs in VDub with the panasonic codec, but it's a shite codec in my experience, and unlike most all other DV codecs, degrades the quality of DV AVIs in a hurry.)

sorry for so many questions. i ask because "vid/aud muxing" usually refers to multiplexing the audio and video together, i.e. taking an audio stream (MPEG, AC3, WAV/PCM) and a video stream (MPEG) and combining them as .MPG or .VOB.

anyway, for video  editing, i'd suggest Premiere or Vegas (never used Vegas, but many people swear by it).

for DVD authoring, i've heard TMPG DVD Author is good as well as DVDLab. (never used either one, but a lot of people i trade with use those two programs.) Ulead DVD Workshop is also fairly easy to use - mostly drag & drop - for taking audio/video sources and compiling them for DVD.

Offline timP

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 11:42:02 AM »
thanks for the input

i want to take my audio and seperate video and match them up like I see people doing with old Dean SBD and vid

going to try and find a torrent for adobe premier.....
?>FR2LE

Offline hyperplane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 05:20:57 AM »
ahhh, simple enough. if all you want to do is put in a new audio source, you don't need any video editing software... just a ripper (like SmartRipper or DVDDecrypter - both FREEware), possibly an AC3 decoder (like PX3), and something like Cool Edit/Adobe Audition or SoundForge.

you'd just rip the audio and video streams off the DVD, then convert the AC3 audio file from the DVD (if it has an AC3 file), then sync up your new audio to the original audio using SoundForge or Cool Edit/Audition.

it's just an easier way of doing it than opening up Premiere, etc.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com