Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Vista Issues  (Read 1750 times)

Offline plogan

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Vista Issues
« on: July 24, 2007, 11:16:18 AM »
I have a new laptop, and was forced to get Vista, what encoding/decoding/burning software is reccomended? Nero 6 won't run, so that whole issue is dead unless there are updated drivers..Any ideas/help? I have about a dozen shows from 10KLF that need to get worked on, I I'm trying to save time without dumping all my masters in Dan Godwins lap. Thanks, Pat
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.
George Eliot (1819 - 1880)

Offline BennyBlanco

• Taperssection Member
Re: Vista Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 11:43:05 AM »
Flac - Still works for encoding

Nero 7 - Works for burning
3/20/19 - All Them Witches
4/11/19 - Aphex Twin
4/26/19 - Health
5/2/19 - Santigold
5/3/19 - Johnny Marr
5/7/19 - IAMX
5/24-26/19 - Boston Calling
5/28/19 The Distillers
6/1/19 - Empire Of The Sun
6/2/19 - Empire Of The Sun
6/13/19 - Bush +LIVE+ Our Lady Peace
6/24/19 - Geoff Tate's Operation Mindcrime
6/27/19 - Jeff Goldblum & the Mildred Snitzer Orchestra
8/9/19 - Korn / Alice In Chains
9/21/19 - Massive Attack

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 07:53:12 AM »
^
|
|

What he said.

I was forced to go the Vista route when I got a new laptop about 5 months ago.  It's worked OK for most things.  I've had to upgrade one or two things, like Nero 6 to Nero 7.  The only thing I haven't gotten to work is my Tascam US-122L A>D converter.  It doesn't have Vista drivers yet.  It sucks because that's the whole reason I bought it.

Offline plogan

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 10:32:41 AM »
Yeah, I'm thinking I may just reformat this HD back to a fresh XP, this is insane, only Microsoft can attempt to fix so many things without their being broken..Wait till you send your first word doc with Office 2007.....office '03 can't open them bc they changed the name to .docx from .doc. I didn't discover that one until I had to turn in a paper, and wound up handing the laptop over to her. there's an easy fix, but why should it be done, man XP seems more valuable now than before Vista was out
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.
George Eliot (1819 - 1880)

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • lost cause
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 10:39:36 AM »
Yeah, I'm thinking I may just reformat this HD back to a fresh XP, this is insane, only Microsoft can attempt to fix so many things without their being broken..Wait till you send your first word doc with Office 2007.....office '03 can't open them bc they changed the name to .docx from .doc. I didn't discover that one until I had to turn in a paper, and wound up handing the laptop over to her. there's an easy fix, but why should it be done, man XP seems more valuable now than before Vista was out
Vista reminds me of Windows ME which reminded me of the prize at the bottom of the cracker jack box.
But I also was running win2k up till about a year ago. So I guess that just means I'm prejudiced.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com